Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks pregnant and full of the cold

(4 Posts)
Baby2b Mon 15-Aug-11 07:51:34

Really congested and generally feeling sorry for myself. Had been eagerly awaiting labour, but now worried it starts before I feel better.

Does anyone have any good tried and tested natural remedies? Was drinking honey and lemon, but it is making my heartburn worse.

emoo777 Mon 15-Aug-11 09:13:11

I found vicks vapour rub and olbas oil good. I developed sinusitis but it cleared quickly by snorting weak saline solution and spitting it out (really disgusting but amzingly effective). As a last resort, some of the nasal sprays are considered OK for use during pregnancy (only a tiny fraction gets into the bloodstream compared to oral decongestants).

Sargesaweyes Mon 15-Aug-11 09:29:23

I had this last week and was v worried about labour. Only felt really rubbish for about 3 days and now just got a runny nose. I inhaled vick in hot water, sucked hall soothers, took paracetamol for the aches and drank lots of water. O and sleep. Hope you feel better soon.

Baby2b Mon 15-Aug-11 09:44:16

Thank you for the suggestions. Going to give the vicks a try and take it from there. Have been feeling pretty good for the last few weeks. Really annoyed to have the cold now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now