Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Another TMI Question sorry!!

(8 Posts)
needsanswers Sat 13-Aug-11 11:12:08

Hey ladies quick question I'm 23 weeks with my 2nd, I have the itchiest nipples it's insane!! Is this normal?? I don't demented having this with DS and also I seem to be having some clear fluid type stuff coming out of them?? Only a tiny bit but still isn't that to early for anything like that to happen??

BertieBasset Sat 13-Aug-11 13:09:07

My boobs started leaking about 20 weeks with dd2 but no itching sorry! Maybe the fluid is irritating your nipples?

Purplebuns Sat 13-Aug-11 18:55:57

The average for producing milk is 16 weeks, as your breast are undergoing a lot of changes I think the itching is normal smile

madeindevon2 Sat 13-Aug-11 19:26:26

Wow is it really 16 weeks? So early I didnt realise!

baldbyfifty Sat 13-Aug-11 19:28:17

Perfectly normal my poor old nips drove me mad lol!!

griphook Sat 13-Aug-11 20:10:18

mine itched like mad with ds, would constantly rub the top of my arms on them like I was doing some sort of duck dance

SaulGood Sat 13-Aug-11 20:14:41

Mine itched like buggery at the same time as my ducts started making colostrum. They also felt like a wasp was chewing on them at times. Midwife said it was a mix of increased blood flow, milk production and stretched skin.

essexmumma Sat 13-Aug-11 22:24:31

Hi OP! I ha this with first pregnancy, I came so close to taking a cheese grated to them they were so itchy- boots do a nipple cream that seemed to take the itch down a notch or too. Or cold compresses. It does improve smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now