Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone got experience of natural delivery after previous caesarian?

(5 Posts)
Allypally16 Fri 12-Aug-11 20:42:42

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and have just found out that I won't be having another c-section as I thought (bit of a shock). I've only heard bad things when people have attempted to deliver 2nd baby naturally after a c-section with first one. I'm hoping to hear some positive stories.
Really worried about going down the emergency caesarian route again!

BizzeeBee Fri 12-Aug-11 21:41:45

If you have a look for VBAC over on the childbirth board there are lots of positive stories. smile

This thread might be helpful

I hope the VBAC goes OK for you. I only had an EMCS 3 months ago and I'm already thinking about what the impact on another pregnancy and birth would be.

needsanswers Fri 12-Aug-11 22:40:07

hi there, i have no personal experience but my mums 2nd DC was and EMC but her 3rd DC was a natural 12hour VB. so it is possible...GOODLUCK

TheBreastmilksOnMe Fri 12-Aug-11 22:44:23

I had a natural 2nd labour after my 1st was an EMCS and it was fine. It's the best way to give birth from your bodies and the babies perspective so try not to worry it's what you were designed to do.

They will want to monitior you more closely and they won't let you labour for as long as they don't want to cause stress on the old scar but 2nd time around should be easier anyway.

lollystix Fri 12-Aug-11 23:11:00

Yes - 2 successful vbacs. There is tonnes on the childbirth section about it. It's fairly normal for consultants to suggest it now if they don't have specific reasons as to why first ended in emcs ( or you don't really want an elective second time round). I'd go natural any day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now