Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sex???

(24 Posts)
Moomin1000 Fri 12-Aug-11 20:41:46

has anyone else's hubby gone completely off the idea? :-)

georgethecat Fri 12-Aug-11 20:46:52

Yup 1st pg (mc) didn't want to come near me, I was upset. This time he's different but I don't want him near me as feel so ill. Is it yr first baby? Guys are weird like the baby is watching or something smile

BuffyFan Fri 12-Aug-11 20:56:13

My DH has been fine but I've completely lost interest! Although he's being really nice about not pushing it - maybe he's just trying not to admit to having gone off it himself?!

pruney1977 Fri 12-Aug-11 21:30:47

My DH went completely off it, we wouldn't have had sex at all if I hadn't gotten so ar5y about it; and even me being like that has only gotten me 2 jumps in the last 6 weeks or so; currently 21wks so hoping for a bit more action before I get too big or he feels the baby kick as suspect once that happens I'll get no action whatsoever

lolajane2009 Fri 12-Aug-11 21:33:35

lol I have to admit I saw title and thought... no thankyou I'm pregnant. Hubby, however, may get ideas if he sees it.

Kayano Fri 12-Aug-11 22:47:36

DH is not off it but I am! Lol

I'm not even big yet. Think it might be cos I'm just out of first trimester but meh, I'm too knackered at the thought!

okasama Fri 12-Aug-11 22:52:51

I'm new to mumsnet, what does DH mean?

HeidiHole Fri 12-Aug-11 22:57:44

Dear Husband is DH

LDNmummy Fri 12-Aug-11 23:21:46

I went off sex during the first trimester but as my pregnancy has gone on it has slowly increased till it is back to normal (thank jeebus grin)

My DH has never actually gone off sex, we just had to figure out practical ways of making it happen while my body has gone through the usual changes.

I think we enjoy it more than ever before even because it is more intimate and close IYSWIM.

Tell your DH to stop being silly, its how you made the baby in the first place.

branstonsandcheese Fri 12-Aug-11 23:22:45

Mine did. I found it quite hurtful as he was so obviously weirded out by the concept and I was gagging for it from 2nd trimester on.

okasama Fri 12-Aug-11 23:27:03

@HeidiHole <-- Thanks, I was worried it was Daddy Husband, which sounded odd.

Eviepoo Sat 13-Aug-11 08:52:07

Yeah - I think my DH is off the idea too. TBH I've only been up for it a few times and the struggle getting comfy positions etc has put him right off and he just doen't get into it IYKWIM so it all feels a little awkward.

Pudding2be Sat 13-Aug-11 11:28:00

We both have TBH. I'm too tired and he is worried about hurting the baby

Mum2be79 Sat 13-Aug-11 21:31:02

DH still wants it. I on the otherhand don't at times but do it anyways! Now I have found out best not to due to a low lying placenta. DH is now hungrier than ever! [shocked]

glitternanny Sun 14-Aug-11 10:49:35

I have - OH has been fine no change in his wishes

sad I just cba, too tired, don't feel sexy!

I have a low-lying placenta and wasn't told that Mum2be79

SardineQueen Sun 14-Aug-11 10:56:19

Mine went the other way confused

I was also gagging from second trimester on, it's a normal side effect of increased blood supply in the area, or something.

OP are you OK have you spoken to him about it?

candr Sun 14-Aug-11 13:04:39

My DH went off sex and I was quite relieved. He does however still make me feel lovely as he loves me being pregnant and I get loads of cuddles so am lucky. If I got 'that' feeling I dealt with it myself but found tummy went really solid and uncomfertable so don't bother anymore. Had lots of very vivid dreams though in 2nd tri about people I hadn't thought of in years which was very strange. Look forward to getting back in the saddle so to speak but will prob be a while.

redexpat Sun 14-Aug-11 19:32:49

Unfortunately not. Tried and failed this morning. It was like 2 beached whales.

StrandedBear Sun 14-Aug-11 19:41:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cantreachmytoes Mon 15-Aug-11 13:21:58

Last time I had sex was when I got pregnant.

I'm due in 6 weeks = 8.5 months with no sex.

Haven't felt like it all the time TBH, but DH is sure he'll touch the baby, or something similar, so is completely off the idea. It's so ridiculous - like something he heard in the playground aged 13 - and I can't convince him out of it.

Renaissance227 Mon 15-Aug-11 14:07:47

My DP cannot get enough at the min and luckily neither can I. Apparently the baby belly makes me look sexy, though I just feel like a beached whale!
There have been times when finding a comfortable position was difficult, but we just kept trying! smile

Renaissance227 Mon 15-Aug-11 14:13:00

I'm 30 weeks by the way!

benne81 Mon 15-Aug-11 15:51:03

yep first pregnancy and it completely freaked him out and he didn't want to hurt the baby or cause any damage at the start (to be fair had a previous ectopic which was spotted after it was very painful & bleeding after sex one day so I think that terrified him that he could cause it to miscarry). We chatted about it and I understood, went on holidaty at 26 weeks and had loads but nothing since really and now I'm so big, tired and chubby I don't think I can be arsed!

Gemtubbs Tue 16-Aug-11 20:54:59

Not alot happening in our house these days. It's like trying to mount a giant turtle, and that's just him. I'm being induced next week, so hopefully we'll get back on it before too long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now