Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

just to let you know all know - babasling

(16 Posts)
JazzAnnNonMouse Fri 12-Aug-11 18:36:23

tescos are doing babasling (in grey only) for £14.95 online and you can get it delivered or pick it up at the nearest shop. Considering the red one is £49.85 - it's a bloody good deal!
PS I do not work for tescos!!

babasling

Honeydragon Fri 12-Aug-11 18:41:14

you should put this in promotions too smile

JazzAnnNonMouse Fri 12-Aug-11 18:48:16

how do i do that?

Crosshair Fri 12-Aug-11 18:49:39

Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

gastrognome Fri 12-Aug-11 18:53:07

Just curious, Jazz, do you have one already?
Am asking because I bought one for DD1 and really didn't get on with it at all - to the extent that I had safety concerns about using it.

Honeydragon Fri 12-Aug-11 18:58:32

Wraps are better as they last longer, the baba sling weighs heavy on one shoulder. But at least at that price you wouldn't have wasted your money if it only lasted for the first few months as it would've worked out about £11.22 with the extra 25% off

JazzAnnNonMouse Fri 12-Aug-11 21:37:09

well I brought this one for hammock type cuddles but also have a cross over the back type one (I think it's called a wilkinet?)
What sling would you reccomend? Is is possible to just use a piece of fabric and if so what type of fabric would you use/is the wrap sling made of?

RockChick1984 Fri 12-Aug-11 21:41:04

I've got a babasling, ds is 5 months now but on 75th centile and it's still very comfy! Doubt if it'll last until he's more than about 12 months, but because of the different ways to carry him in it, it lasts longer than I had expected it to.

Cattleprod Fri 12-Aug-11 21:42:32

This site is good for inexpensive wrap slings - works out cheaper than buying the fabric.

JazzAnnNonMouse Fri 12-Aug-11 22:13:35

they look v good smile
Would you reccommend summer sling or stretch? (What's the difference?)

rooks14 Fri 12-Aug-11 23:56:54

Ahhh I want one! It ssays it's been discontinued?

sleepevader Sat 13-Aug-11 08:22:20

Thank you so much for that link! Im going to order one as think it will help with breastfeeding!

Cattleprod Sat 13-Aug-11 09:08:57

My friend has the summer sling and it's made from good quality t-shirt material. I haven't seen the thicker ones so not really sure of the difference.

sleepevader Sat 13-Aug-11 09:38:00

Think i Will prob order thicker one as i can have an extra metre as in larger than average. Will email her. Am i right in thinkin this like similar to a moby wrap?

gastrognome Sat 13-Aug-11 10:58:08

I would definitely recommend a wrap sling over the babasling. Much more comfortable IMO, though both my babies were on the large side. Maybe the babasling is easier with a small baby?

I couldn't find a single position in which the babasling felt "right", and often found baby's breathing to sound very laboured when in the sling. Would even say (gasp) that a baby Bjorn is comfier.

We used a stretchy wrap for the first couple of months, then a mei tai (Babyhawk) which was brilliant. Than when slightly older switched to a Patapum - easier for getting baby in and out and great weight distribution.

lightsandshapes Sat 13-Aug-11 13:06:04

I have been coveting the embroidered babaslings..... they are £100 odd.... I Sooooooo want one envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now