Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

this tiredness..............

(22 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Fri 12-Aug-11 17:18:43

tired
tired
tired
tired

45 years old. 7 +5 (unintentionally). Working full time..............
I AM SO FUCKING TIRED!!!!!!

Whew, feel a bit better now.

Anifrangapani Fri 12-Aug-11 17:23:39

I used to fall asleep in the time it took my cuppa to cool to drinking temperature, while driving, in meetings, et al......

It does pass - with both of mine at about 16 weeks

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Fri 12-Aug-11 19:18:07

only 9 weeks to go then! smile

lollystix Fri 12-Aug-11 19:51:49

I felt so overwhelmed with tiredness with ds1 at this stage. Didn't feel it with subsequent babies as I'd entered a parallel universe called 'exhaustion' grin

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 13-Aug-11 10:46:14

Lollystix grin. My DS is 6.10 yrs so he is okay, though still likes to sleep in our bed. When I was eating cereal at 3.30am this morning watching "Come Dine with Me" (!!!) I decided last night was the last!

Either that or I move to the spare room.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 13-Aug-11 11:02:28

And I feel I should apologize for the gratuitous swearing in my opening post. I have just read ridiculous effing and blinding from my beautiful 15 year old neice on fb and it is horrendous. Adding insult to injury, my sister was swearing along with her child. Ew.
So, sorry about the effing above!

lollystix Sat 13-Aug-11 13:51:21

Don't apologise for me re the swearing. I'm the worst honestly. I'm so fecking tired myself. Got full on job 4 days, three boys under 5 and 30 weeks pregs with my fourth son. Can't sleep cos bump and my husband getting in the way.

Poshbaggirl Sat 13-Aug-11 15:08:35

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I feel it too. At work in my shop today. Just want to put my head down on the desk and sleeeeeep.
Slightly gutted that DP won't get his head around the facts..........feel a bit abandoned. He's flown to Greece with his 2 DS for 2 weeks.

Poshbaggirl Sat 13-Aug-11 15:09:31

I'll be 42 in Sept so not as resilient as pregnancies at 23yrs and 30yrs.

lollystix Sat 13-Aug-11 16:33:29

Feel for you. I'm 34 and honestly don't think I could do this at 44. It's all so physical - I seem to spend my life on my hands and knees picking up food and plastic things off the floor.

Poshbaggirl Sat 13-Aug-11 17:57:34

False alarm. Which is lucky as i'm feeling decidedly out of love with DP.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 13-Aug-11 20:49:56

Does being pregnant do that, Poshbaggirl? DH is annoying the bejesus out of me. EVERYTHING he does and says is extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely annoying. I would be very happy to let him to got Greece with your DP's kids.

Poshbaggirl Sat 13-Aug-11 21:36:30

Aw Alliwant, sorry you're feeling irritated and knackered. 9 weeks to go? Cant be easy with DS too.
I'm relieved to not be pg, but cant explain the 10 days of sleeping every afternoon. hmm
I'm obviously just going mad!

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sun 14-Aug-11 08:20:14

9 weeks to go til I reach 16 weeks and pass that feeling of being constantly exhausted! smile

DS is not too bad, I must say! He does not know yet, and will only find out from us (DH and I) after the first scan. He is 7 in October and a pretty good little thing so all's well with him. It is just me that is a cranky, tired old cow!!

PenguinArmy Sun 14-Aug-11 10:13:44

It does seem a less talked about pg symptom. Everyone knows about ms but not about extreme fatigue that some people get in the 1T. Wiped me out with DD, this time around I didn't have it, just the regular pg tiredness that hits later.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Wed 17-Aug-11 08:34:20

Adding insult to injury is that I am having awful trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep! So today I feel sick with tiredness.

sad

notcitrus Wed 17-Aug-11 11:16:25

I've been signed off for the last 3 weeks with exhaustion. I fell off my chair twice at work and fell asleep on the GP's desk. Finally at 13+2 I'm able to sit up for most of the day.

Last pregnancy was about the same, only without the 2yo waking me up at ungodly-o'clock. So hopefully from next week I'll be OK if I go to bed at 9.30 for the rest of my pregnancy...

H007 Wed 17-Aug-11 11:20:25

I am 26+5 and I am still exhausted the tiredness never went away people lied! Haha... In fact I have just spent the last 10mins lying on the floor of my office.

isabelladeste Wed 17-Aug-11 12:18:40

I don't think I have ever NOT felt perpetually exhausted during this whole pregnancy. I'm 29 weeks now and I am usually thinking about nothing but trying to find a quiet spot to have a nap in... I know what you mean Alliwant - you really do feel SICK with tiredness, don't you?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Thu 18-Aug-11 17:13:33

Ah, some people who understand! DH asked me last night if I was upset with him. I told him yet again that I feel dreadfully tired and ill and that there is not one minute of the day that I feel good. I went to bed at 8.30 and came downstairs to a mess of a kitchen again. Not once since I found out I was pregnant has he done the tiniest bit of tidying for me. Even if he just packed away the dry dishes, that would help.

Any discussion would lead to an argument.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Thu 18-Aug-11 17:14:35

Just remembered that DH vacuumed and did the kitchen last weekend. In fairness to him he leaves for work at 6.15 and gets home after 7pm but even just a bit of something would help.

notlettingthefearshow Thu 18-Aug-11 22:57:12

Very heartening to hear the suffering of others!

I am 21 weeks and not sleeping as can't get used to sleeping on my side. Very tired and weepy, irritable, and finding it hard to stay patient with my students. Hopefully it's just a bad week - I've been fine til now!

After not showing at all til this week, I suddenly feel like a fat munter. It's a lot to get used to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now