Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone feel the head grinding on your pelvis?

(7 Posts)
LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 12-Aug-11 15:16:35

ok so am a little freaked out at being 4/5 engaged but for the last couple of days if I move in a certain way it feels like ds head is grinding against my pelvis, has anyone had that and if so was it close to when you gave birth?

Tia

rooks14 Fri 12-Aug-11 15:43:02

Yeah I feel like that too! My baby keeps getting hiccups and it grinds into my hip an the sensation makes me feel sick!!!!

phlossie Fri 12-Aug-11 15:57:18

Ugh! I still remember that feeling from nearly 6 years ago! 'Fraid it doesn't mean a shorter labour, and my ds was engaged at 33 weeks and born 40+10! Good luck.

TinyDiamond Fri 12-Aug-11 16:03:40

Yep got it too so low. Feel the hiccups in my fanjo. Hilarious

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 12-Aug-11 16:28:19

Good not about to drop then grin

Cattleprod Fri 12-Aug-11 18:07:40

The old 'slowly rotating brillo pad' feeling? I had that last time, not looking forward to it again.

Anecdotally, people seem to feel it more with hairier babies - my friend is expecting a mixed race baby and it's curly afro hair is causing her a lot of discomfort!!!

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 12-Aug-11 18:47:31

That's interesting cattleprod

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now