Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just feel so ill

(9 Posts)

I'm just 7 weeks and for the last week I've just felt incredibly ill. Dizzy and faint, breathless with awful nausea, churning stomach and swollen, gassy feeling. The only way I can cope is to stay very still and eat frequently but I really have to force myself to eat. If I move around it all gets much worse and I end up having to lay on the floor until it improves a bit or I feel like I'll pass out. MY face is a lovely shade of green, I am trembling, cold and wake many many times in the night thinking I'll be sick with an awful taut swollen feeling in my stomach.

I have tried sick bands, flat coke, paracetamol, making myself sick. I am really struggling to even walk up and down stairs, going out is out of the question. Is this par for the course, is there anything else I can try, does anyone else feel this way?

MrsPotatoHeadsStylist Fri 12-Aug-11 14:13:18

I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum through both pregnancies and what you are describing sounds just like how it started for me. I think you ought to go to the MW or GP and say how you are feeling. Feeling sick and nauseous in pregnancy is normal, feeling like you just want to die because of the constant sickness is not. I can't remember what the tablets were called that they prescribed for me, the first lot didn't work and they tried something stronger and it made it bearable for the rest of the pregnancy.

Try your MW and if she fobs you off with 'oh, its just morning sickness' then try the GP or ask to see a different MW. Hope it gets better.

BellaCB Sat 13-Aug-11 10:08:08

Hey MsScarlett - you really should go to the GP, or call the weekend emergency GP and get them to prescribe something over the phone or come out to see you. That was exactly how I felt at 7, 8 weeks and seeing the GP was the best thing I ever did, like MrsPotato, was get on tablets. They might not make you exactly better but the right tablets will help you to feel better. Don't get fobbed off, see as many GPs as it takes and if that doesn't work, go to A&E. Or take your partner or a family member with you for support, they will be able to help explain how ill you are. You say you are eating and drinking but I suspect it is in such small quantities that you aren't taking enough in? At which point you should really get some medical help.

I hope you get some help and start to feel better - let us know how you are, hun xx

grandmaagain Sat 13-Aug-11 22:11:48

* miss scarlet* join the hyperemisis thread here all the girls know what you are going through and can help there is also an exellent new website written by one of the girls from that thread

fluffywhitekittens Sat 13-Aug-11 22:41:55

Hi sorry you're feeling so bad, grandma again pointed me in your direction.
There are some good sources of info/coping strategies on these websites
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pregnancy+sickness+support&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

https://sites.google.com/site/pregnancysicknesssos/

Get yourself to a dr, what you are feeling is not normal but can be helped some with medication.

Feel free to pop over to HG support thread here

fluffywhitekittens Sat 13-Aug-11 22:44:48

Hi sorry you're feeling so bad, grandma again pointed me in your direction.
There are some good sources of info/coping strategies on these websites
www.google.co.uk/search?q=pregnancy+sickness+support&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

https://sites.google.com/site/pregnancysicknesssos/

Get yourself to a dr, what you are feeling is not normal but can be helped some with medication.

Feel free to pop over to HG support thread here

nitnatnaboo Sat 13-Aug-11 22:46:46

Hi Miss Scarlett*. Sorry you are feeling so awful. Extreme nausea is truly awful. Just popped over from Hyperemesis Support to say do get to GP's and get treated - the sooner you do the better it will work. Not all GP's or A&E docs are sympathetic or even knowlegable - as Bella says keep trying till you get one who knows how to treat hyperemesis. Come and have a good rant with us over here

nannyl Sat 13-Aug-11 22:58:15

I also had (have) HG

and felt exactly like that... except i was sick (very sick) as well & ended up in hospital on IV fluids due to dehydration.

Its absolutely horrible, and you dont know how awful it makes you feel unless you have it.
Go to Dr and get some tablets, (which took the edge off it for me i think)

Im 36 weeks pg now and still dependant on my tablets, but have felt quite a bit better since 16 weeks. Hope you do too.

also acupuncture helped me a bit too.... nothing else at all helped though sad

LucindaE Sun 14-Aug-11 16:24:34

Hello, MissScarlett you poor thing - you've already heard from lovely Fluffy NitNat and others with excellent information about advice sites, and just want to add my voice sympathising and saying I hope we see you over om the support thread. Are you on any meds? Try and get an appointment asap if not, perhaps with someone to argue your case if you don't feel up to it, and some kesosticks to test if you're becoming dehydrated...Keep sipping away at the liquids, I know they all seem tocome back up again, but some get through and help a bit.
LucindaE
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now