Talk

Advanced search

Hospital bag chicken?

(17 Posts)
LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 12-Aug-11 10:57:07

so am 36+1 and 4/5 engaged and have not done my bag yet, or put the crib together and most of the clothes etc are at my mums. Do I need to get my arse in gear?

PattySimcox Fri 12-Aug-11 11:00:05

Don't worry about crib - baby should be in your room for first 6 months.

Clothes - well you only need thousands of babygrows to start with as newborn days are the days of runny up the back poos.

Hospital bag - er yep maybe throw some stuff in

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 12-Aug-11 11:04:35

The crib is for our room, Moses basket is at mums cause she was gonna wash it.

Think I have some babygrows, could always pick some up when I drop dd off at mums.

Hospital bag, maybe I'll do it over the weekend grin

Oh just remembered need to dig the car seat out.

sevensevenseven Fri 12-Aug-11 11:53:37

Yes, I had DS at 35+5 and only had to stay in for 3 days. Thankfully I was organised, but I did later speak to loads of other new mums who said they were nowhere near organised at that point, so you aren't the only one!

MsChanandlerBong Fri 12-Aug-11 12:22:29

Glad it's not just me... if you'd said to me earlier in the pregnancy that I would be sat here, over 35 weeks pregnant, with no hospital bags packed I would have laughed at you.

Mind you, crib is up, baby clothes/bedding washed, and vague list for hospital bag is written... so maybe I'm not all that relaxed smile

Misty9 Fri 12-Aug-11 12:24:31

I'm 36+4, he's 2/5 engaged and I haven't packed the labour bag yet.... The arrival of the birth pool and homebirth kit being dropped off has freaked me out quite enough for one week!
Will do the labour bag (in case of transfer) next week I think - when I'll be classed as full term smile

Biscuitsandtea Fri 12-Aug-11 12:45:07

After much nagging by my mum I finally packed my hospital bag at 36+4 (I don't think DS was anything engaged at my 36 week mw appt). Waters broke and went into hospital on 36+5. stayed in over night and had DS 36+6.....

Still, at least I didn't have a bag hanging around the house for ages hmm

MsChanandlerBong Fri 12-Aug-11 12:49:29

Biscuitsandtea perhaps you should start touting "packing the hospital bag" as the latest sex/curry/pineapple solution to bringing on labour wink

Biscuitsandtea Fri 12-Aug-11 12:52:14

Now there's an idea.....

Oh, and I meant to say Lovebeingathomeonmyown good luck when the time does come smile

boardergirl Fri 12-Aug-11 14:07:40

I didn't pack my hospital bag till I was in labour with dc3(she was 1 day over) I did have some clothes and the Moses basket ready not till week 39 though!

apple99 Fri 12-Aug-11 14:13:10

I am 39+1 and only packed my bag yesterday. When I had dd 4 years ago I packed the day I went into labour which was 41+3. I figured everyone always tells you how long your first labour will go on for I will have time to pack a bag!!

I have had the moses baskets and clothes sorted for a couple of weeks but really only because my mum insisted on helping me go through everything we already had and helping me carry it all down from the loft.

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 16-Aug-11 10:10:48

Right I'm going to pack my bag right now, have just done my list so gonna see what I've actually got!

Cattleprod Tue 16-Aug-11 10:22:35

I thought you were proposing to put a chicken into your hospital bag!! I've heard of whale music, but having a live chicken running around the delivery room takes 'natural birthing' to a whole other level. I guess you'd have a nice fresh egg to go with your postnatal toast though!!! grin

PrettyVacant1 Tue 16-Aug-11 10:34:04

I was also intrigued about packing fowl.grin
I'm 38+2 and packed my bag 2 weeks ago.
<proud,organised face>
Yesterday I unpacked it took tags off bits and washed everything in it so I'm actually only officially packing today.grinhmm

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Tue 16-Aug-11 11:10:04

Pmsl grin

nunnie Tue 16-Aug-11 11:17:21

I had my DS at 36+3 and packed and sorted everything out the night before. Didn't know I was going to have him.

Reluctant to do anything with this one incase it encourages it to come early (well that's my excuse).

My crib (not cot crib) is in my garage still boxed not even checked if there is anything missing. Haven't even got maternity pads yet.

34+4 today.

Might do a bit of shopping at weekend.

daimbardiva Tue 16-Aug-11 15:06:32

I'm 34 weeks and keep planning to pack my bag and not getting around to it - finish work tomorrow, so will do it tomorrow night!

If I was to have the baby now, we'd be in a hopeless pickle - the house is in bits, we're in the middle of replacing the kitchen and finishing an extension, I don't have any of our new baby stuff ready as I lent it all to a friend and it's still at her house waiting for me to pick up. Oh dear, what a contrast to first time round - everything was all organised then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now