Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else being kept awake at night?!

(14 Posts)
minicc Thu 11-Aug-11 23:49:56

Please tell me it's not just me that has jumpy, restless legs/ is being kicked and punched in every position I lay in/ needing 3 wees a night/ itching all over JUST as I settle down to sleep?!!! And i'm only 27 weeks
PS. is this karma for no morning sickness?!

Macaroona Thu 11-Aug-11 23:58:25

Yep! And I had ms too envy

Walking lots seems to help my legs, and trying not to put too much weight on is helping general comfort and skin.

Now what about these crazy hormonal dreams though?!

Annie456 Fri 12-Aug-11 03:58:28

Yep...bloody annoying. Have not had a decent nights sleep since about 25 weeks..am almost 38 weeks and almost going mad! I've found that getting up for an hour and reading or doing something else to wind down and distract myself from the fact I'm not sleeping is better than just tossing and turning and I can often sleep through after that.

Currently averaging 20 wee's a night and DH has been in a separate bed since about 30 weeks...

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 12-Aug-11 04:31:03

Yes although I'm lying here worrying about no movement. But for the last couple of m

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 12-Aug-11 04:32:43

Oh fgs...

For the last couple of months I've been awake every single night between 1.30 and about 5.30. Am knackered and pissed off with it angry. Am only 19 weeks as well so I've got months of this ahead.

MsChanandlerBong Fri 12-Aug-11 05:00:19

Yep - me too. Haven't been comfortable in bed since about 10 weeks (currently 35 weeks) due to PGP but recently this has got a lot worse so that in the last month I've not managed more than 4 hours sleep at any one time due to needing the loo, crazy dreams, itching, breathlessness, ear ache from lying on my side - in addition to the PGP.

I know having a newborn is supposed to be bad, but surely it can't be any worse than this?

Froggy81 Fri 12-Aug-11 05:56:56

I'm here too and it's driving me nuts!

I've not slept more than 2 hours in a row for 4 months now (39+2). Seeing in the night, PGP giving me hell so I've got to physically wake up to shift position in bed, being kicked to death if the position I'm in isn't comfortable for LO...
As MsChanandlerBong says, having a newborn can't be this bad, surely?! At least I might be as tired but I won't be in pain...And at the max I've only got 16 days of this left before they induce me. COME ON BABY!
Sympathy, OP. But it's not going to get any better sad

YBR Fri 12-Aug-11 07:15:43

I have trouble getting back to sleep whenever I have to get up to pee, and the restless legs thing intermittently too. Before pregnancy I'd have taken nightol or something for 2-3 nights to set up a good habit again sad. I'm only 21 weeks, and am not getting kicked too much yet so it's only going to get worse!

minicc Fri 12-Aug-11 08:03:36

Thank god it's not just me- although I wouldn't wish this on anyone! How did everyone get on last night? Lo and behold just as I drift off to sleep- a frikkin spanish barbershop quartet started up. Brighton. Gay Pride weekend. We're escaping this morning.....

MsChanandlerBong Fri 12-Aug-11 12:53:37

Well I managed to get back to sleep at around 9am (there are some benefits of being made redundant!!) and then woke at about 11.30am. So now as well as being tired, I have a sort of jet lag feeling.

I seem to manage one 'good' night (ie 6 hours broken sleep) every week. The rest of the time is like this. So never mind baby brain, I am permanently walking around like confused !!!

candr Fri 12-Aug-11 13:01:21

My baby does not like me sleeping day or night and the minute I try to lie down I get hard kicks under ribs and by hip which really hurts. Was told not to lie down to much during the day but I try to chill on the sofa and trick him into thinking I am resting not seeping to get 40 winks. Have low salt levels so cramp has been awful and restless legs but am getting on top of that with bannana smoothies and a heat pad. Am 34 weeks and have started wishing for an early birth just to give my body a break. At least once you have had the baby if the baby is kickingyou, you can move him or protect yourself with a cushion.

Sandra2011 Fri 12-Aug-11 13:15:28

For the last 5 nights I've had a bad neck pain.

I wake up around 1.30am and have a really stiff neck. Turn head this way or the other it hurts. Just the other night it was so painful and caused a massive headache, felt like vomiting. I just had to take one paracetamol (which I tried to avoid)

I have 3 different type of pillows which I switch around and usually I'm still up at 4am.

For some reason my husband prefers to sleep in the guest room these days smile

I'm 12 wks pregnant.

Annie456 Fri 12-Aug-11 13:21:46

Ah mschan that's the description I've been searching for...jet lag. Yep. I just had a couple of hours kip and have woken up stupidly dazed and nauseous. Worst is when you nap and have to set a alarm to wake you up for something that seems important at the time...being jolted out of a nap by your alarm in the middle of a deep sleep is a killer...oh hang on, that's what babies do. Excellent.

Carpal tunnel seems to be getting worse by the day and napping is making it worse-can't grip my toothbrush / hair-brush properly, I look delightful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now