Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hot tub OK whilst pregnant?

(8 Posts)
mandoo Thu 11-Aug-11 18:13:09

Am off on a spa day next week and would like to use the hot tub. Currently 19 weeks pregnant. I know you have to avoid in the first trimester but am I OK to go ahead now I am further along?

RugbyWidow7 Thu 11-Aug-11 18:22:33

I have avoided them throughout pregnancy I'm afraid because of the baby being unable to regulate its temperature and risk of me fainting. I thought it best to avoid personally. V boring at the spa though!

Here's some more info from the NHS: www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2402.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=131

Misty9 Thu 11-Aug-11 18:22:37

Fraid not sad It's the temperature increase you have to avoid all the way through as far as I know...

OrangeGloss Thu 11-Aug-11 18:25:46

I went to the spa at Centre Parcs recently, and they said that it was not only the temperature which could harm the baby, but the bubble action could over-stimulate and cause early labour

I would avoid if I were you, sorry

banana87 Thu 11-Aug-11 18:27:11

You can't, sorry sad

LivinInTheMoment Thu 11-Aug-11 18:55:53

Sorry if this is a dumb question but, what about the corner baths that have spa jets in them? Are they ok?

mandoo Thu 11-Aug-11 19:10:17

Thanks all. Will just have to book extra treatments to make it a bit more worth while smile

wompoopigeon Thu 11-Aug-11 19:11:23

It is very lovely though to sit on the edge with your feet and lower legs in the hot tub, that's what I do. Not too hot but you get a lovely foot massage with the bubbles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now