Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New to the site- can someone explain the acronyms please?

(7 Posts)
MSCONFUSED Thu 11-Aug-11 17:29:22

Hello,

I only joined yesterday and at the time was unsure whether I was pregnant or not- retested this morning and was a definite positive line! I'm 32 and this is my 1st pregnancy so I'm sure I'll be asking for a lot of advice. To help me understand what people are writing can someone translate all the acronyms please? I'm guessing DH is Darling Husband, DS= Darling Son and DD= Darling Daughter other than that I'm stuck!!

mistlethrush Thu 11-Aug-11 17:32:25

If you look at your message, the heading is Topics>> pregnancy. Above that are two lines, the first of which starts with Talk: go towards the end of that line and there is a choice called acronyms - should help.

Biscuitsandtea Thu 11-Aug-11 17:37:00

Here's a link to the page:

acronyms

It's bewildering at the start isn't it. Before too long though you'll find yourself about to use the abbreviations in a real life conversation blush.....

MSCONFUSED Thu 11-Aug-11 17:58:27

Thank you- that makes more sense apart from SPD- what the hell is that???? And please don't tell me to JFGI ;) ha ha

Biscuitsandtea Thu 11-Aug-11 18:08:27

From what I can work out SPD is a blooming painful thing some people get in pg and I'm hoping that's all I ever know about it smile

YBR Thu 11-Aug-11 18:26:39

Symphysis pubis dysfunction
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphysis_pubis_dysfunction

LivinInTheMoment Thu 11-Aug-11 18:58:27

Welcome Msconfused, i have a hard time too with some of the lingo used here, some of it i have no idea what it is! The acronyms list is out of date and needs updating imo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now