Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lower back pain - ouch!

(6 Posts)
BumpPlus2 Thu 11-Aug-11 15:34:02

Hi, I am pregnant with DC3 (33+4) and have awful lower back pain sad. It's been coming and going for about 3 weeks now but is now more often here than not. I have tried to stop carrying/lifting DS2 (2years) so much/as little as possible within reason and am using a DreamGeni pillow at night, lavender wheatgerm heat pack, sitting on birthing ball instead of chair (pain much worse when sitting down) and yoga postures daily (cat/dog) but was wondering if a back support is worth a try and if any of you lovely ladies have any more advice? Thanks so much smile

BumpPlus2 Thu 11-Aug-11 19:19:41

bump
Someone/anyone with any suggestions? Greatly appreciated smile

treehugga Thu 11-Aug-11 20:39:11

Hi, I am 39 weeks and very relieved that my back pain, which started around 34/35 weeks, more or less disappeared last week which I put down to the baby having (probably) engaged, or at least changed position. My pain never got as bad as yours but I did buy and use one of those elasticated bump support thingies and it definitely did help. Also stopped sitting back on sofa at all, always upright, and also did some aqua natal. Did some bouncing on the birth ball too which seemed to soothe back, but unfortunately I blame that for piles developing - glad to say they disappeared last week too! Best of luck finding a solution and you can ask to see a physio at your hospital too.

redexpat Fri 12-Aug-11 00:26:25

Was going to suggest yoga positions, but see you're doing those already. Sorry I cant be of mreo assistance!

BumpPlus2 Fri 12-Aug-11 14:22:54

Thanks for the responses - am going to order a support belt from Mothercare and see how I get on...have grinned and beared it for a while and guess in the whole scheme of pregnancy niggles it could be a lot worse x

Lala29 Fri 12-Aug-11 15:05:08

This might sound really obvious and probably nowhere near enough relief, but I am 33 weeks and have been getting quite bad lower back pain. I have found that simple heat works wonders for me - so hot water bottles if I am at home or if I am out and about, I wear those Curaheat belts - they wrap around you and are right against the skin. They stay warm for absolutely ages - in my case around 10 hours (I think it says 8 on the pack). It has really worked for me! Not cheap, but if it means I can move, I really don't care!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now