Talk

Advanced search

Oblique breech at 37 weeks

(5 Posts)
del1 Thu 11-Aug-11 13:05:52

Hiya, this is my third pregnancy. The first two have been straight forward pregnancies, and quick straight forward births.
I have said all along that it must be my tur to have a 'bad one'.
My little munkkey has been oblique breech for the past 2 months now.

I have tried crawling, birthing ball etc. But not shifting.

Ive been told that I'm having a scan this monday ( 37+1), and will try to turn it.
I've also been told to take a hospital bag, as they might keep me in, due to it being potentialy a dangerous position if I go into labour ??!!

Really worried, cause I've got 2 other under 3's to look after.

Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas?

I don't fancy a CS, as my partner cant get much time off work, and worried how I will cope if I have a CS, looking after a 1 year old, and 2 1/2 year old.
( lifting etc)

Do you have to stay in hospital if it won't turn, or can you insist on going home?

I'm starting to panic!!

firsttimer84 Thu 11-Aug-11 13:39:37

I don't know much about it but one of my friends had to be "turned" and I think they like to keep you in to monitor baby as it distresses them a bit.

Don't panic, can you call your midwife? Surely she would be able to answer all your questions?

dribbleface Thu 11-Aug-11 14:27:23

As far as i am aware they like to keep you in as if waters break a cord prolapse is more likely as nothing to keep it in (like babies head).

Hope little one turns for you!

Portofino Thu 11-Aug-11 14:50:03

I had this, and yes - unfotunately they kept me in for 2 weeks to await a cs. Dd however went head down at the last minute and they sent me home. (I ended up with a cs anyway at 41 weeks after induction). I was informed in the meantime that if I went into labour spontaneously I had to get on hands and knees with bottom in air, and phone for an ambulance.

There is a real risk to the baby - hence the probably decision to admit you. Is there anyone else who can help out with your other dcs?

del1 Thu 11-Aug-11 19:53:40

I could get help with the others, as both lots of parents dont live too far away. So i'm sure they could ferry the kids around between themselves!

Anyone know why they are more concerned about this position that a normal breech?

I'm starting to get my head around being stuck in hospital, or possibly having a CS now.

Just a bit upset, that I was expecting another quick, straight forward birth. Knew I shouldn't have been so cocky about my last two hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now