Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Soooooo, how to tell DSD? Will she understand?

(3 Posts)
NRGless Wed 10-Aug-11 20:33:36

I know I post questions on here all the time blush but pregnancy appears to have turned me into a neurotic idiot that can't think for herself and is scared of everything (I always used to be so easy going and fearless of pretty much everything).
My question is......how do DP and I go about telling his DD that I have a baby in my belly? She is just coming up to 3yo and I'm not sure how much understanding she will have. Also how the fook do we tell his ex? Ok so she got pregnant 3 months after booting him out (for a non-happening affair) but that doesn't seem to enter her head when she's bollocking him for ruining her life (it happens every now and then sad) and I'm sure this will set her off again!!

crystalglasses Wed 10-Aug-11 20:40:10

I would tell the ex asap because the sooner she knows the sooner she will come to terms with it. She will only feel that you've deliberately kept it from her (which you will have) if she finds out much later, and possible have a stick to beat you with (metaphorically speaking).

LolaRennt Wed 10-Aug-11 20:58:09

Don't let her hear from anyone else but your husband. Would be horrible to find out through gossip. Tell your dh to be pretty matter of fact about it, it isn't her busniess anymore. SO she has no right getting upset

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now