Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

contraction type pain at 14 weeks :S

(7 Posts)
babycarmen Wed 10-Aug-11 19:57:41

Im 14+2 and this morning at about 6am i woke up in pain and it really felt like a contraction type pain :S Went downstairs for a drink of water and my tummy was like a rock!
Ive been getting loads of tight-feelings and aches and pains during the day and i know this is normal stretching and growing and remember it from first pregnancy but i never had anything like that before that the pain was so bad it actually woke me up :S
Has anyone had this before and should i be concerned?

Thanks smile

Purplebuns Wed 10-Aug-11 20:44:21

I would go and get checked out, it seems too early for braxton hicks. Fingers crossed it is just indigestion or a uti, either way you need to see someone smile

babycarmen Wed 10-Aug-11 20:59:42

Ive never had anything like it it was so strange! I think i will just see how i get on tonight and if it happens again il give the mw a phone :/

griphook Wed 10-Aug-11 22:20:40

hope things are going ok

PoppysMom Thu 11-Aug-11 02:05:44

Could it be that you were dehydrated?
Could have been BH.

Hope you're ok

Mmmmcheese Thu 11-Aug-11 10:51:24

I have something called irritable uterus which causes tightenings and contraction-like pain. In some people it can continue right up until (term) birth and not cause any problems, in others it can start dilating the cervix and cause premature labour so you definitely need to be checked out. Mine started this time at 13 weeks (was 22 weeks last time) and I'm getting scanned regularly to check that its not doing anything to the cervix.

babycarmen Thu 11-Aug-11 12:49:39

Oh :/ I will give midwife a call just to be safe! Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now