Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Books

(5 Posts)
rosalux Wed 10-Aug-11 15:28:14

I'm sure this has been done to death, but with there being 101 books on the topic of baby-rearing, and me not even having changed a nappy yet, (DC EDD 20 August) I wondered if anyone had some suggestions for me? I don't plan to follow anything by the letter necessarily, but some idea about the general theories on baby-rearing would be useful I think.

thesurgeonsmate Wed 10-Aug-11 15:40:47

Thought you'd never ask. I have a strong recomendation in this area, and I never get to make it. I had "Babies for Beginners" by Roni Jay, and thought it was very helpful indeed. It covers the practical stuff, and is short and reassuring. Her main baby-rearing difficulty would appear to have been winding the baby, this is the only topic on which she suggests you might come a cropper. It is written in a humourous style which I do, as it happens, find funny. If not your sense of humour could be a bit grating, I suppose.

sleepevader Wed 10-Aug-11 16:08:31

Your health visitor gives you birth to five which is free and very good. Have you met her yet?

NoobyNoob Wed 10-Aug-11 16:37:21

Ask a Midwife.

Best. Book. Ever.

boognish Thu 11-Aug-11 00:00:00

Google "Why love matters". The best of all the parenting books to get before giving birth IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now