Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ill at 38 weeks!

(3 Posts)
Sargesaweyes Wed 10-Aug-11 10:39:23

Feeling very sorry for myself as have developed horrible headache, sore throat and achy body. Am now worried that I will go into labour and have this horrible virus to put up with as at the moment I don't have the energy to even get up. I know there is nothing that I can do about it and it's not the end of the world but does anyone have any tips either over the counter drugs or home remedies to help? Worried that it will turn into a sinus issue which I have had before and was agony! Moan Moan moan sad

Catsycat Wed 10-Aug-11 11:04:55

Sorry you are feeling ill - it's bad enough being very pg without being ill too!

I thought it was OK to take paracetamol during pg (I took it with both DDs), so that may help with the aches and sore throat (ask the pharmasist if you need to reduce the dose - you should be able to phone and speak to your local pharmacist if you don't feel well enough to go out). Hot honey and lemon always soothes my throat when ill. Otherwise, just trying to rest as much as possible should help.

If it turns into a sinus problem, your GP should be able to offer some treatment. I had quite strong antibiotics and a chest xray in my last trimester with DD2, and had to take brown and blue inhalers for the last few weeks of pg, as I came down with a chest infection (was coughing up blood - hence the xray). The GP worked on the basis of the benefits of the medication (so late on in the pg) outweighing any risk to the baby. I was fine, and DD is fine - there were no ill effects from the medication.

I hope you feel better by your EDD, at least it is still 2 weeks away (I'm assuming you aren't being induced early or anything?). Take care x

Sargesaweyes Wed 10-Aug-11 12:34:59

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like you really went through it bless you. Fingers crossed I will start feeling better after trying some of the above. Bloody typical timing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now