Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where is my morning sickness?!

(24 Posts)
AngryBeaver Tue 09-Aug-11 22:36:24

Ok, I don't actually want ms, but I'm worried I haven't got it! This is dc4 and with every other pregnancy I have been hideously sick by now (7.4 wks)
It just makes me worry that I have no symptoms. Last week I felt queasy on and off and had a toilet dash at the weekend,but it passed. There's been nothing for a few days.
It's freaking me out. I know ms is really awful (I puke a lot usually)but at least you know the baby is still ok in there,iyswim.
Anyone in a similar position?
(hate to post and run,but am knackered after a day of trugging around a theme park!I'll check in at brekkie smile)

Macaroona Tue 09-Aug-11 22:38:04

envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy

biscuit

lolajane2009 Tue 09-Aug-11 22:46:01

symptoms come and go a lot in my experience (now 34 + 4). I wouldnt worry too much.

Nihilisticbunny Tue 09-Aug-11 23:28:37

I have had both sides of the coin, just because you had sickness in previous pregnancies, doesn't mean you will have it in all. I wouldn't assume anything about the baby, it's perfectly possible to go through a healthy pregnancy with no sickness.

Nihilisticbunny Tue 09-Aug-11 23:30:08

Also it may kick in later (like about 30 minutes after you posted this thread) if sod's law is anything to go by.

AngryBeaver Wed 10-Aug-11 07:35:32

That's what my dh said last night Nihilisticbunny!He said I'm going to jinx myself and when I've got my head down the bog 7 times a day I'll be cursing ever mentioning it.
Macaroona...I'm sorry if you're having a bad time of it.
That's my first biscuit. I'll paass if you don't mind smile
I have been there myself x3. It's the worst. I DO NOT WANT ms,but I'm not used to not having it at this stage and used it as an indicator that my baby was ok.

melliebobs Wed 10-Aug-11 07:38:21

It must be frustrating when uve been sick with your last ones. You just want that reassurance everything Is ok in there. I've been in the same boat. Had a bit of nausea but that's it. Was worried for the best part of 5 weeks n was sure that when I went for my scan they were going to tell me it had all been a mistake ! But no everything was all ok. Just guess everyone and every pregnancy is completely different

ciwi Wed 10-Aug-11 09:33:21

Hi, I know how sressfull lack of ms can be, i have drove myself mad worrying this time. I am only 8+2 but I had ms really badly at 6 weeks for about 5 days, then it dissapeared, I had a reassurance scan booked in anyway a few days after the sickness went and I was convinced that something would be wrong but everything was fine on the scan, little heartbeat and everything. The sickness has come back now as from 8 weeks so all in all it totally dissapeared for over a week. It really does come and go so try not to worry too much x

G1nger Wed 10-Aug-11 09:45:23

I didn't have morning sickness either. But I did have lots of other things (very sore boobs, pain in my lower abdomen, hot flushes). Just count down the time to your first scan, as that really is all we've got to go on at the start anyway.

kri5ty Wed 10-Aug-11 09:52:53

angry i didnlt have any symptoms at all! I had mild nausea for 2 weeks, but was never sick! the only symtom i had was a huge appetite, not even sore boobs...

I am 22 weeks now, everything is fine, and still no symtoms, not even kicks!! Enjoy it, you ar ejust lucky!

G1nger Wed 10-Aug-11 10:05:15

Oh yeah, the huge appetite and huge food aversions. I had those too. Big time.

AngryBeaver Wed 10-Aug-11 14:28:07

Thanks for the reassurance.I guess a part of it is guilt related worry.It was an unplanned pregnancy and when I first found out,I said some awful things sad
I think I'm worried that I'll somehow be punished for that and am having horrible thoughts that when I go to the scan there'll be no heartbeat.
Also,I am having tummy ache intermittently...but I think it might be trapped wind blush!

babycham42 Wed 10-Aug-11 14:31:08

Both my pregnancies I had no morning sickness. It"s quite normal!

G1nger Wed 10-Aug-11 14:54:26

I think we all worry that when we go to that first scan there'll be no heartbeat. I know I cried at mine when I could see I definitely had a little something growing in there - easily one of the best moments of my life. Actually, probably the best so far (until he's born). I had so much tummy ache at the start, too, and my baby's fine so far... smile

AngryBeaver Wed 10-Aug-11 16:26:10

I have cried at all of my previous scans so far,and the scanner lady (radiologist??) was really suprised and said "why are you crying?!" , I replied with something like "er,because I am happy/relieved/amazed?"
She seemed geniunely baffled.
Good to know others have tummy ache and no probs.
babycham42 I know it's normal for women not to get ms..it's just not normal for me..which maked me worry

AngryBeaver Wed 10-Aug-11 16:26:33

arrgh..makes me worry!

G1nger Wed 10-Aug-11 16:42:14

(sonographer) I know where you're coming from, I really do x

AngryBeaver Wed 10-Aug-11 17:16:04

Sonographer of course..dur!

AngryBeaver Wed 10-Aug-11 17:16:26

Thank you ginger smile

AngryBeaver Wed 10-Aug-11 17:17:19

G1nger...I'm on crap form today aren't I?!

FootprintsOnTheMoon Wed 10-Aug-11 17:27:58

Funny to find this thread - I'm about 8wks with DC4 and also wondering why I'm not starting every day with my arms around the toilet.

My worst was Dc1 (hospital on a drip for weeks).

My lightest was Dc2 ( about the same as this). It was the only pregnancy I bled with, mind. We'd already made the decision to name the baby after my DHs recently deceased father if it was a boy, and it was just too awful to contemplate to lose that baby with that name. I was terrified the whole pregnancy, because of the lack of sickness and the bleed and the name - right up until he popped out perfect in the easiest 20 minute labour you can imagine.

DC3 was vomity but without the extreme dehydration.

This time I'm a bit tired and off, but not vomited yet, and can skip meals with impunity (unheard of in pregnancy for me).
I'm not panicking this time; putting it down to lack of commute.

NRGless Wed 10-Aug-11 19:36:54

I'm 11+1 (I know I've said I'm further on before but had my dating scan yesterday and it showed I was 11 bang on, bit of a bummer but at least I have another scan next week grin) and I have had absolutely no sickness whatsoever. A few people have scared the shit out of me saying that it's not normal and indicates something wrong but my midwife assures me thats complete toss!! And after my scan I feel so much better although I still have the screening to get through. It seems everyone is different, a friend of mine is also 11 weeks and has been dreadfully sick but my best friend is 39+3 and never had any symptoms. If you're symptom free then enjoy it!!

stripeymummy Wed 10-Aug-11 21:23:02

I had no morning sickness, cravings of went off anything at all. I didn't feel very pregnant until about 12wks when my clothes stopped fitting. Now am 27wks and feel very preggers.

Being my first I assumed that there was something wrong with me but my MW said that only 50% of women get MS, so it's more common to not have it than is realised smile

AngryBeaver Thu 11-Aug-11 07:32:21

Think I shouldv'e kept my trap shut...feel decidedly queasy today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now