Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Have I just felt my baby move?

(9 Posts)
AKP79 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:26:10

I'm 17+2 with my first and am just wondering if I've had the first flutterings of my baby moving. It was very much a fluttering feeling, but it was a lot quicker than I was expecting it to be and was also in my side at waist level. Again I was expecting a sensation towards the front and lower down.

I initially thought it was a pulse, because that's how it felt, but it wasn't regular like a pulse.

What have others experiences been? Could I of just felt my baby for the first time?

lollystix Tue 09-Aug-11 21:29:13

Think sowink. Just wait till you're 35 weeks and he keeps kicking the underside of your desk at work....

AKP79 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:31:47

Ha ha that really made me giggle! Am very excited at the idea that I may of just felt some movement! smile It just wasn't at all what I was expecting!

lollystix Tue 09-Aug-11 21:35:55

It's really hard to know first time. I remember I was 17 weeks with ds1. It's lovely at the start but by the end you're just thinking 'please give it a rest- I'm trying to sleep'. Feels very different at the end.

AKP79 Tue 09-Aug-11 21:41:18

Hmmm very good point, I can see how after another 18 weeks it'd start to get a bit tiresome!

lollystix Tue 09-Aug-11 21:50:43

It can be but then if they don't move for a few hours you get uber paranoid. You just become really conscious that you're body is not your own. Still I wouldn't change it for the world.

lollystix Tue 09-Aug-11 22:05:57

Your not you're- sorry. Can't spell. It's been a very long day.....

AKP79 Tue 09-Aug-11 22:18:35

smile didn't even notice! I like to find something to worry about so I am dreading that whole - haven't felt movement for a while is everything ok stage!

whizzyrocket Tue 09-Aug-11 22:32:22

I would say that's a yes too. Before I got to the "belly full of eels" stage I thought his kicking felt more like when you're really tired and have got a twitchy muscle.

I think it's more obvious (or perhaps you're just more focussed on it) when you're having a bath though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now