Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vicks vaporub

(3 Posts)
muffins Tue 09-Aug-11 21:13:09

Ok to use this? 32+3 with nightmare cold.

Have googled but seems to be mixed answers. I'm guessing it would be ok just wanted to know if anyone else had used in pregnancy.

A snuffly muffins

summerfruitsalad Tue 09-Aug-11 21:39:07

Hi muffins, I've used it all this week with an awful cold which has now turned into sinusitis (painful!) and kind of assumed it was safe to use, it is the only thing that helps me breathe at night. I haven't taken any decongestants though.

I saw a doc today who advised lots of lemon and honey and to use a steam thing or putting head over very hot water with a towel over to help clear blockages. Had a lovely shower this evening which made me feel better.

Know exactly how you feel!

OrangeGloss Tue 09-Aug-11 22:02:57

I was advised by my MW and pharmacist not to use as it is not certified ok for pregnant women, mainly because they wouldn't be able to get a pg women to test it on! I think it's more precautionary, but just letting you know the info I've been told.

Having said that, I had sinusitis at the time and it was excruciating so do sympathize. It may not help, but what about Sterimar? It's a nasal saline solution and perfectly safe. Hope you're feeling better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now