Talk

Advanced search

How much might my boobs grow...

(10 Posts)
G1nger Tue 09-Aug-11 11:20:11

... When my milk arrives? I'm 33 weeks now and would like to get new bras, but will I only be able to make use of them before my milk arrives or isn't the size difference likely to be that big? Thanks smile

nunnie Tue 09-Aug-11 11:55:41

I didn't grow at all during or after my pregnancies. However I know people who grew drastically during and after.
I think boob growth is a very unpredicatable thing that can't be planned in advance, doesn't help when you want to buy bras I know.
Maybe someone has better advice for you from personal experience. The only thing I can comment on is my experience which was buying the same size nursing bras I had pre pregnancy.

nickelbabe Tue 09-Aug-11 11:57:40

i think you're supposed to get measured for your feeding bras at 38 weeks?

i think at this stage you might be better to wait until you need your feeding bras (sorry, i know what it's like to need new bras - I'm going through the same problems myself!)

what size are you now? could you nick one off a friend who's got some old (but not manky) ones they don't use any more?

IAmTheCookieMonster Tue 09-Aug-11 11:57:52

I wouldn't buy any before you have the baby, you don't know how they'll go. Just get maternity bras for now and then go again once baby is born. A pain and expensive, but they'll most likely be a completely different size, smaller band as well as bigger cups! Also, don't go to mother, they are poo.

IAmTheCookieMonster Tue 09-Aug-11 11:57:59

mothercare

IAmTheCookieMonster Tue 09-Aug-11 12:00:16

When I was very pregnant and fed up of buying expensive bras I would only be in for a couple of weeks I went to Asda and got some cheap sports bras, then went to a proper bra shop for my feeding bras.

G1nger Tue 09-Aug-11 12:10:35

Thanks, ladies.

SaulGood Tue 09-Aug-11 12:15:42

Waiting's definitely a good idea. I was a B cup at the start of pregnancy. DD by the end. And F while bfing.

ALotToTakeIn Tue 09-Aug-11 17:02:56

I'm with you cookiemonster started at a D and am currently an F at 29+2 and going bra shopping again this weekend. Debanhams do some comfey ones for about £12 a pair which I like and I'm treating myself to some lovely hot milk ones when I get to 38/39 weeks. I know people who have grown more and less than me.

LaWeasel Tue 09-Aug-11 17:24:57

It's really hard to say unfortunately! I started a 32A, went up to a 34C at the peak of pregnancy and early days then spent most of my bf days as a 32B!

I would just buy two or three cheap t-shirt bras each time you change size, and not get any feeding bras until you are almost due.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now