Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tummy Tubs

(17 Posts)
kri5ty Tue 09-Aug-11 10:32:00

has anyone used them? How aeasy are they to bathe a newborn in? Is it not difficult to support them whilst washing at the same time?

lynniep Tue 09-Aug-11 10:33:40

In my experience, yes. I found it really hard work because DS1 just slipped right down in it. Definately don't recommend. We tried a baby bath too. Waste of time. Just plonk the baby in the bath or the sink!

NasalCoffeeEnema Tue 09-Aug-11 10:35:21

I found it really easy. you just don't fill it much
Easier than any other method except sticking them in with dh

LondonGirly Tue 09-Aug-11 11:12:56

A friend of mine used one and her little one loved it. He seemed really supported in it, just needed his chin held up.

Ungratefulchild Tue 09-Aug-11 11:14:54

I found it quite easy and ds2 loved it.

I have one for sale actually smile

Loved it, only way my dc's would be bathed, other than with an adult in the big bath which is the besy way imo, but rather time consuming.

kri5ty Tue 09-Aug-11 11:35:26

Ungratefulchild pm me the details muhahaha

daimbardiva Tue 09-Aug-11 11:45:01

Apparently you can buy a big orange bucket in B&Q which is the same size and shape but a fraction of the price!

OddBoots Tue 09-Aug-11 11:55:15

I used one with both my two as babies (they are now 12 and 8) and they loved it, I found it much easier to support them and wash them in that than I did a normal baby bath and as dd had awful reflux it was good to be able to bathe her upright (and it seemed to sooth her discomfort too).

kri5ty Tue 09-Aug-11 11:58:26

<makes a mental note to go to B&Q later>

OhBuggerandArse Tue 09-Aug-11 12:04:43

I would definitely recommend it - it was the one sure thing guaranteed to relax DS1 and make him happy when he was teeny (& often a bit miserable), and I found it very easy to use.

Didn't use it quite so much with DS2, but then he just got stuck in with his brother from very early on so there was less need to have a separate bath at all.

I know it just looks like a bucket but there are actually wee things which make it easier to use and feel safer - the balance is good, and the bottom is non-slip, and the rim where you do all the lifting and holding on is very sturdy. Don't think the orange bucket (tho useful for all sorts of other things!) would really do the job as easily.

I am usually very anti-over-priced gadgetty things but this is one I really did think was worth it.

mrsrvc Tue 09-Aug-11 12:09:27

We had one and I found it impossible to use without help of dh. We were then recommended this bath support from John Lewis ( it used to be their own brand, they now have a slightly more expensive version)
www.johnlewis.com/231220515/Product.aspx
it was brilliant. We used it from very little in a baby bath, then in our normal bath until he outgrew it at about 4.5 months.

noviceoftheday Tue 09-Aug-11 12:10:12

Both my children have loved it. Both loved kicking their legs in it from a very early stage and just made baths really easy. I used it for dc1 until she was 9 months and needed to support her less and less as time went on. dc2 (3 months) currently loving it! I would highly recommend.

notcitrus Tue 09-Aug-11 12:13:04

I couldn't figure out what to do with one when I saw them in shops.

I found a towelling bath slope (sold in Mothercare for about £7) was ideal - baby lies on it, can't roll off, head end is held up out of the water. Fits in standard baby bath.

kri5ty Tue 09-Aug-11 12:16:35

Hmmm maybe in this recession i should just bath share and have an easy life lol... toooo many choices for baby things!

thanks for all of your views! A friend has given us a baby bath and a sponge support, but it says only to put a little water in, i like the idea of baby being actually IN the water, but think i would find it difficult to ue confused

Ungratefulchild Tue 09-Aug-11 16:07:36

Sorry I had to go out. I've listed it in Mumsnet local Glasgow if you are interested.

whizzyrocket Tue 09-Aug-11 16:23:55

I love the idea bathing babies in muck-tubs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now