Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bump is hard as a rock...?

(10 Posts)
Eviepoo Mon 08-Aug-11 20:02:40

Hi ladies, I know I feel daft asking this question but do any of you experience BH as just a hardening of your bump across the top.

I am 38+1 been for a check up at the clinic today
Trace = fine LO moving and heartrate goes up when he/she does
Fluid scan = on the low side
Diabetes Dr = managing fine on my diet - they are well happy
Obstetrician = decided to do an internal, incase of potential inducion if fluid gets lower. Cervix is still 3cm long and only a fingertip dilated.

But every evening for the last week - I have had contraction like feelings in the top of my bump where my bump just feels hard at the top. MW said that this just sounds like BH

It's certainly way harder now that it was this afernoon when I was getting examined by MW/Dr

It just seems to be a rock all the time on an evening and uncomfortable not on and off hardening like I would expect BH to be

Poweredbypepsi Mon 08-Aug-11 20:03:42

Could it be the position if the baby? Sticking it's bottom out or something

SlinkyB Mon 08-Aug-11 20:09:15

I had this, and baby was breech; ask for baby's position to be checked again to make sure it's not this.

CliniqueMum Mon 08-Aug-11 20:12:44

My bump used to go rock solid hard in the last few weeks. I put it down to BH as I wasn't swimming in fluid (just enough for baby) and I have a healthy three year old now. Good luck for the delivery, if you're concerned mention it to the midwife as that's what they are there for.

CliniqueMum Mon 08-Aug-11 20:15:02

Ah see you've already mentioned it to midwife - sorry missed that bit. Sounds not that uncommon then.

banana87 Mon 08-Aug-11 20:16:32

Mine went hard as a rock (and did not let up) the day I went into labour with DD (12 hours after waking to a rock hard bump my waters broke!). Sounds like this could be IT, good luck!

RollingInTheAisles Mon 08-Aug-11 20:27:57

Sounds like the BH I had for quite a few months.

Eviepoo Mon 08-Aug-11 20:31:17

Thanks guys

poweredbypepsi - that is a good possibility, as 'dragon' keeps stick his/her bum out and it's very near where bum has been

slinkyB defo not breach - head is 3/5 engaged = checked late this afternoon by Dr and scan

CliniqueMum - ah that could be it, as I said theer is enough fluid, just not a lot of it and I am going to be monitored again next week for fluid as it is on the low side*

banana87 well they do say internal exams can start things moving, I just wasn't convinced that I was on my way when she said cervix hadn't thinned at all this afternoon....well here's hoping I get to see 'dragon' soon

SlinkyB Mon 08-Aug-11 20:36:40

Glad you got scanned, that's brilliant. My midwife kept telling me my baby's head was engaged, but was left til I was 40wks+12days before being induced. I was contracting, dilating and almost pushing before someone realised ds was upside-down!

Good luck with everything, sounds like you're in good hands smile

Eviepoo Mon 08-Aug-11 20:48:13

Thanks slinky - I am getting regular check ups at the local hospital becuase I developed gestational diabetes. Although the doc does say I am borderline case and I am managing it fine by diet alone. But protocol states that anyone with GD needs to have fluid checked at regular scans.

It does sound that BH can just make your bump feel hard - so I guess thats it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now