Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Musical at 35w pg ?

(11 Posts)
Sumi76 Mon 08-Aug-11 19:32:44

Im 35w pg and its DH bday on friday and I got us Wizard of Oz theatre tickets only to read somewhere that loud music can irritate the baby and may start labour ! Dont know what to do as I planned this as a surpise for him and it will be our last musical for a while. Is it really that dangerous ?

allthefires Mon 08-Aug-11 20:19:26

No it's fine. Go and enjoy.
Lots of women go to rock concerts when pregnant!

KatyCustard Mon 08-Aug-11 20:54:51

I went to see "We will rock you!" at 35 weeks pregnant and when it started it began with a huge crash that made the whole audience jump, including me! I remember the other people in our row looking at me in a very edgy way, and I have to confess I was a bit worried that jumping that much may trigger something but it was fine.

I think you should go and enjoy yourself!

pepperrabbit Mon 08-Aug-11 20:56:11

Watching will be fine, performing I'd draw the line at!

wigglesrock Mon 08-Aug-11 21:04:53

You'll be fine, although my top "bringing on labour if overdue" tip is a loud action film in the cinema grin

Sumi76 Tue 09-Aug-11 11:38:16

Thanks all smile Yessss Im going !!! tw

nickelbabe Tue 09-Aug-11 11:40:16

you do realise that your baby will have a life-long love of the wizard of oz as a result of this sojourn, don't you? grin

you'd better be okay with that grin

go and enjoy yourself - it might be a while before you can do that again. smile

daimbardiva Tue 09-Aug-11 11:40:41

I just spent the weekend at a music festivla at 33wks. All fine smile

LaWeasel Tue 09-Aug-11 11:47:20

I'm sure it will be fine, but get an aisle seat, sitting for several hours can be quite uncomfortable.

vallinnapod Tue 09-Aug-11 12:10:01

36 weeks and I've just been to see Richard III which has uber loud samba drums at the end of the first half. Scared the shit out of the poor bub but he hasn't gone anywhere grin

Def recommend an aisle seat...plus our first half was 2 hours long shock I made it but only just grin

MsChanandlerBong Tue 09-Aug-11 17:30:36

I was at a karaoke night recently and my baby went crazy when someone sang Rhinestone Cowboy. Slightly worried about the dubious taste in music that my DD seems to be demonstrating already, from the womb smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now