Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hair loss in pregnancy??

(5 Posts)
addictedtofrazzles Mon 08-Aug-11 18:11:38

currently 12 weeks with dc3 and my hair is falling out! Not enormous amounts but with ds1 and ds2 I remember thinking how clean my hairbrush and plug holes were! Anyone else experienced the same?!

kirsty12321 Mon 08-Aug-11 18:31:23

I'm 9 weeks with my 1st and I'm loosing at least a handful every time I wash my hair sad I'm hoping it's just crazy hormones and I'll soon have thick shiny lovely hair!
Sorry that's not much help! Least your not the only one smile

icravecheese Mon 08-Aug-11 19:12:25

mine gets thicker & thicker during pregnancy... then all falls out once baby has arrived... in chunks!! Then I get that awful regrowth that looks like you are sprouting a weird fringe all along your hair line. In fact, note to self... I must actually get a fringe cut this time just before baby arrives, so that the weird regrowth is disguised.

LilBB Mon 08-Aug-11 19:17:39

I'm 17 weeks and have been losing it throughout. I didn't with DC but then felt like I was going bald in the months following birth.

booberella Mon 08-Aug-11 19:22:24

Get your iron levels checked- if they are low that can make your hair fall out, and pregnancy usually reduces them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now