Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone in nesting mode?

(12 Posts)
YouDoTheMath Mon 08-Aug-11 16:19:51

I've been cleaning a lot lately - not that I don't usually but I actually feel motivated to do it, and sort of enjoy it...

I like to think that this isn't purely down to pregnancy but I seem to remember being a bit like this last time, and it all went to pot when baby was born.

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Mon 08-Aug-11 16:27:59

Well I've just been cleaning out the kitchen cupboads confused

icravecheese Mon 08-Aug-11 16:28:57

I am... big style! 30wks preg with 3rd, have had this every single pregnancy - a massive urge to do LOADS around the house. My mum just popped round & commented on how spotless the house is (particularly considering I've been at home all day with my 4yr old & 2yr old!). I think my kids might grow up with some sort of weird cleanliness OCD - I'm permanently tidying away after them, its ridiculous!!
And yep - I suspect my over zealous tidying will all go to pot once baby arrives (thats why MIL is coming to stay when babe arrives - she's the QUEEN of housekeeping!! smile

MrsBloomingTroll Mon 08-Aug-11 18:46:09

Oh yes...am 39 weeks and nesting like crazy! Determined this baby won't arrive whilst there are crumbs on the floor, laundry in the basket, etc. Rearranged the kitchen cupboards over the weekend. Even DD1's Wendy house had a clean!

icravecheese Mon 08-Aug-11 19:09:46

big grin mrsbloomingtroll...I swept the floors, cleaned the windows, tidied the furniture this afternoon.... all in my kids wendy house!!

MrsBloomingTroll Mon 08-Aug-11 21:47:08

icravecheese that's funny! But good to know it's not just me.

It's now getting a little bit scary though...my list of things to do before the baby can arrive is now dwindling to some admin and some things which are out of my control...plus I have the cleaners coming in to give the place a once over on Thursday anyway. Which probably means I'll be giving birth within a few days, as soon as I sit down and put my feet up!

(I actually had quite a good birth experience last time, so "scary" just refers to the fact that I'll soon be a mum-of-two!)

nannyl Mon 08-Aug-11 22:42:02

me too

35 weeks now and i think every piece of material in this house has been through washing machines and ironing pile...
curtains / sofa cushions / all baby stuff, if it can go in my washing machine, its been in!

Taffybird Mon 08-Aug-11 23:47:20

I was the same as you nannyl

40wks today and just coming out of a two-week laundry frenzy. Anything that stayed still for more than a few minutes got washed/ironed/packed away in a vacuum bag and stashed in the attic. Normally I'm quite ironing-phobic so it's been very unusual for me.

It's stopped now. From now on anything that gets creased will stay creased while I put my feet up and eat fruit sorbet.

OrangeGloss Tue 09-Aug-11 07:01:28

Nesting big time here at 36 weeks and have been for the last couple, re-arranging furniture, cleaning windows/cupboards/anything I can get my hands on. Also (with DH) putting up pictures, clearing out/selling stuff and putting up shelves

Now I have admin/finance stuff to clear up and curtains to hem, which should be done by the end of the week. That'll just leave the kniting and sewing to finish next week. DH is worried that when I'm done and relax it'll happen! But then I couldn't sleep last week and was up baking at 4am so he was worried about going to work in case it was a sign grin definite nesting frenzy grin

100years Tue 09-Aug-11 09:17:58

Nothing - nada - no nesting instinct for me! Erm.. 36+5

Does everyone HAVE to get this??????

CrazyAlien06 Tue 09-Aug-11 09:33:50

I think my DH would love me to get the nesting vibe lol. I'm not the tidiest of people and he said he ll defo know when our first is on it's way as he ll come home to a clean and tidy house lol.

I really want to sort house out but still waiting for Nursery furniture to arrive and DH to find time to assemble it all,new sofas being delivered today and old kitchen being ripped out and new one being assembled at the beginning of september lol. Then I can get organised yay :0) here's hoping LO doesn't make an early appearance! ( am 32+2)

MummyGemx Tue 09-Aug-11 10:02:58

I must be nesting as I cleaned out some cupboards, cleaned my oven, hoovered behind the sofas and cleaned the windows. I am 37 weeks but never had nesting with my two boys - maybe this is because number three is a girl! I think I just want it clean before baby comes as wont have much time to do it afterwards. Might clean under my bed for the first time in 2 years! As you can see I am not very good at housework....I do the everyday stuff but not so good at the spring cleaning! oops. Am off work till next year so no excuses got to at least try to be a good housewife! Good luck with babies everyone.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now