Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pram advice - bugaboo bee or silver cross surf

(6 Posts)
getagoldtoof Mon 08-Aug-11 12:40:29

Hello - can anyone help with our choice? I really wanted the bugaboo bee, it's not super popular in my area, but I know it is popular in London. Also its very low, so baby would be quite far away from you when out and about. But I really like the style, the size and the weight.

The silver cross surf is much bigger, baby would be higher up and easier to see baby, but it's a bit bulky and heavy, not as pretty. They add up to about the same cost wise, but I don't know what to do.

OH preferred the silver cross before, but has now researched it, there is not so good resale value and he has said he'd go for the bee now! Any help?

MrsBloomingTroll Mon 08-Aug-11 13:02:38

We went for Bugaboo Bee this time, the resale value is excellent. We had a Bugaboo Cameleon for DC1 and sold it on for almost £400, which almost covered the cost of the new Bee, fantastic!

We went for the Bee this time rather than keeping our Cameleon because I found the Cameleon too big/bulky. I'm small-built. I let DH choose the buggy first time around but he's not the one who'll be using it most of the time. Try folding up the Silver Cross and compare to the Bee. Then imagine doing it with a screaming baby grin in the rain...

MamaMia100 Mon 08-Aug-11 13:22:27

The bee is the best buggy there is. I don't know anyone who regrets buying one (whereas everyone I know who got other bigger buggies to start with ended up buying either a bee or a maclaren at some point).

hawthers Mon 08-Aug-11 13:42:28

love my bee although i do live in london.

It folds up quite compactly which is great for chucking in the car and also very light so I tend to carry lo strapped in up and down stairs in the buggy (if that makes sense) and i'm only 5'2" and a weakling!

BeeMyBaby Mon 08-Aug-11 13:52:06

I have the surf and although I loved it at first, after about a year it developed a severe squeek and is not as all terrain as sold. I have no experience of the bee so have no idea how they compare, but I felt a little let down by the surf, other than the squeek it is in perfect working order but I prefer to use cheaper strollers rather than the surf.

kateyfer Mon 08-Aug-11 14:21:42

i have a quinny and wish like anything I'd bought the Bee! I do love my quinny, but in comparison it is heavier and less compact. Several friends have the Bee who love them. You may also think about looking at the Icandy as this is also a very popular choice, and like the Bee is lighter.

no subsitute for actually trying them all out in store (preferably one that sells all three so you can line them up and compare like-for-like...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now