Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Things you really shouldn't have told your DH/DP about pregnancy....

(15 Posts)
MrsMichic Mon 08-Aug-11 11:42:43

So I am now 41 weeks pregnant and desperate to get this baby out!! However the most "successful" method (i.e sex) is off the agenda as I made the mistake of telling DH at about 20 weeks that I felt like I was being kicked in the f** by my unborn daughter. It's put him right off and I really should have kept my mouth shut!!! Any others had a similar experience??

Sheepling Mon 08-Aug-11 18:53:31

I'm having the opposite with DP. He asks me roughly 5 times a day like a desperate teenager, and I've gone off it completely. In fact, at this rate I think it may close up before the baby comes out...

Poweredbypepsi Mon 08-Aug-11 19:04:07

Same as sheepling dh seems to want more sex when I am pregnant ( possibly because he knows it will be off the cards for a while after). If it's any consolation with 4 pregnancies sex has never once kickstarted so much as a single contraction...

Poweredbypepsi Mon 08-Aug-11 19:05:38

The only thing I have found that has worked make a plan for a wonderful day out tomorrow and get excited about it. I bet you will go into labour tonight, my children like to be annoying even from the womb.

mumatron Mon 08-Aug-11 19:10:08

I wish I hadn't told him, in lots of detail, what a show was. it really put him off sex when I was overdue. I blame him for dd2 being 2 weeks late.

Beesok Mon 08-Aug-11 19:10:40

well, not that I am contemplating sex (only 30 wks) to start labour but I do feel like it sometimes now and sadly it's proving difficult to convince DH esp. after I (stupidly) told him about the mucus plug hmm why the hell did I tell him that????????

blueeyedmonster Mon 08-Aug-11 20:19:57

I go off sex during pregnancy but did try that to get ds moving........didn't work anyway.

I had planned to go out and buy a gorgeous coat i'd had my eye on for ages. Spend my last day before my induction shopping and relaxing..........I didn't get the chance as he had other ideas.

Mum2be79 Mon 08-Aug-11 21:37:34

DH still wants it, although i can tell he's reluctant to go the full way! I on the other hand, feel like it at the most inappropriate times and am now finding it difficult so am now researching other positions!!!!
(And I'm only 19 weeks!!!)

daimbardiva Tue 09-Aug-11 13:06:56

Arrange lots of lunch/coffee dates etc with friends. Then your waters will break and you will have to phone everyone to cancel, and then they'll all know you're in labour! That's waht happened to me anyway.

ALotToTakeIn Tue 09-Aug-11 13:18:25

Last time we had sex it made me bleed and now DH doesn't want to know- but I wouldn't say no if he wanted it every day!! Not sure how to persuade him it will be ok as the bleed was a bit scarey.

nunnie Tue 09-Aug-11 13:47:51

I made the mistake of telling my DH I was horny 24 hours a day on average with my 1st, and scared him half to death. Now I'm on my 3rd pregnancy and am still the same and DH genuinely looks scared when I get into my sexy pjs.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Tue 09-Aug-11 13:50:41

i shouldn't have said in first tri, don't worry apparently women all get really horny in second tri, it'll be great. Because that has never actually turned out to be true for us.

Funny we all say something about sex, isn't it/

sancerrre Tue 09-Aug-11 13:53:16

They're sensitive souls, these DH's. I found disclosing details on a need to know basis only was the best approach.

Tanif Tue 09-Aug-11 16:15:23

Mine must have a strong stomach. No matter how many vile details I tell him (including 'Hey, I just peed myself whilst coughing!') he just gives me a fond look and says 'this is why I love you'... The only thing that puts him off sex is the fact that I'm rather dry down there atm and if we don't use lube his willy gets sore/torn.

whizzyrocket Tue 09-Aug-11 16:21:28

This is quite a funny thread! What a bunch of pansies these chaps are! I made my DH watch One Born Every Minute once and he decided he would probably stay at the head end of things (fine by me!) but nothing has yet put off his sex-drive. In fact I've not really not noticed much of a change at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now