Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Horrible feeling when baby kicks low/cervix

(12 Posts)
Mmmmcheese Mon 08-Aug-11 11:22:08

Does anyone else get this? Am 20 weeks and kicking has been getting a lot stronger recently. She seems to mainly kick really low and sometimes it feels like she is kicking my cervix, which gives me a really horrible feeling kind of like when you hit your funny bone in your elbow! Is it just me?

Cattleprod Mon 08-Aug-11 11:29:32

I've had a few pokes low down, which feel a bit like being touched inappropriately - not what you want from your baby! Maybe your baby is feet down if you are getting kicks down there?

The worst bit comes towards the end, especially if you have a hairy baby. It's a bit like someone is slowly rotating a brillo pad on your cervix.

whizzyrocket Mon 08-Aug-11 11:34:52

A "hairy baby"??!! You can really feel that??!! Sorry but that's funny!

I also get inappropriate kicks from my baby. I think he likes being feet down. I'm 27 weeks pregnant so have started to be rather concerned about him being breach- he can still turn at the moment but I've no idea when it will become difficult for him to turn and be the right way up. Anyone??

Valiant1 Mon 08-Aug-11 11:37:43

Hi am 32+4 and my baby is constantly doing this really knocks you sick thought i was in labour earlier lol

MrsMichic Mon 08-Aug-11 11:39:47

Yup I have had stabbing pains in the cervix throughout my pregnancy, it's uncomfortable but nothing to worry about apparently!!

Mmmmcheese Mon 08-Aug-11 11:45:37

Glad its not just me! rocket - plenty of time to turn. My DS was transverse until about 2 weeks before he was born.

whizzyrocket Mon 08-Aug-11 11:48:23

Oh good. That's reassuring! I just hope he finds it more fun to kick my ribs soon!

banana87 Mon 08-Aug-11 12:16:43

Nope! Baby kicks me in the cervix too! Yesterday she was low all day long and it hurt! Today she seems to have moved back to kicking me in the sides. You are not alone!

whackamole Mon 08-Aug-11 13:30:55

Yep, get it alllll the time! really low down in the pelvis - makes me jump every time as well.

harassedandherbug Mon 08-Aug-11 13:38:15

20 weeks too and with a battered cervix!! Right little monkey he is.....

zosie24 Mon 08-Aug-11 16:34:34

Nothing to worry about! currently 34 weeks and getting a few "eye watering" movements down there.

tenderheart Mon 08-Aug-11 17:22:07

Eek I was JUST talking about this as "something they don't tell you"! I got my first kicks in the nethers on Saturday! Quite surprising and weird feeling, it felt so low down! Hope baby gets bored of it soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now