Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

This sickness is just getting worse and worse

(15 Posts)
NoobyNoob Mon 08-Aug-11 07:13:28

I dont know what to do sad

I feel so shit. I haven't been able to keep anything down since Saturday night, not even water. I'm so thirsty, tired and bloody worn out.

I'm currently nibbling on a slice of toast with a tiny bit of jam on, in the hope it might stay put.

The thought of looking after a rather active 18 month old all day, and indeed all week, fills me with dread.

I'll call the midwife later on this morning, I can't do this anymore.

Can I have a hug please?

RickGhastley Mon 08-Aug-11 07:19:09

[hugs] to you Nooby - pregnancy sickness sucks.

How pregnant are you?

Do you have someone who could have your DC for a few hours?

There is medication you can take if you can't keep anything down, might be worth seeing your GP.

NoobyNoob Mon 08-Aug-11 07:23:13

Thanks Rick, hug much appreciated.

I'm 16 weeks today, I thought it was meant to get better but it just hasn't.

I've got no-one to take DS for me, both sets of grandparents live in France, and that only leaves my dad and he's poorly. In actual fact, I clean for him because he can't manage and today is one of the days I go round.

DH is fab, but he's a subby so he can't take time off as he just won't get paid.

Poo and meh.

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 08-Aug-11 07:36:52

If you can't keep water down then definitely see your gp. There are things they can give you but they aren't always sympathetic to morning sickness. They do take it seriously when you can't even drink water though.

ariane5 Mon 08-Aug-11 07:38:14

you poor thing, its horrible having sickness this bad. i had hg with all 3 pgs so really sympathise.

it is worth getting yourself to your gp they can prescribe medication that might help and check to see if you are very dehydrated.

I really hope things start to improve for you soon smile

SandyChick Mon 08-Aug-11 07:46:52

Definitely go to your gp. I was on anti sickness tablets when pregnant with ds. I couldn't function without them.

Big hug smile

ariane5 Mon 08-Aug-11 08:05:51

and if it helps when ds was little and i was suffering with sickness and i couldnt face running about after him because i felt so drained i used the following things to get him to sit down/stay still for a bit so that i could lie down on sofa and rest a bit:

-cbeebies/disney dvd
-reading stories
-magic painting books-he adored them and would happily sit for ages being ever so good and quiet! aqua draw was good too!
-i also would fill a shoe box up with interesting bits and bobs from around the house, things he either hadnt seen before or safe bits from the kitchen (he loved the silicone muffin cases and plastic biscuit cutters!)a couple of toys and a mini pack of raisins in there too.then i would pop him in the high chair with the box and it kept him amused for a good hour and he wasnt running about so i could sleep for a bit on the sofa knowing he was safe in the high chair.

hope some of that helps, i didnt have anybody who could really help much with babysitting either and sometimes an hour here and there to just rest made a bit of a difference, not much but enough to keep my sanity!

NoobyNoob Mon 08-Aug-11 08:44:54

Thanks so much for that ariane Cbeebies has been an utter life saver this weekend and this morning.

nannyl Mon 08-Aug-11 08:51:00

I was you about 30 weeks ago

GO TO DOCTOR.... emergancy appt today, ideally this morning, take a wee sample with you.
and keep going back everyday if necessary.

I ate kepts down my last thing on Sunday; went to doctor mon, tues and wed, and wed i ended up in hospital.

If you are thirsty try ice or ice lollies (though i vomitted them too)

If you cant keep anything down it doesnt take long to get dehydrated, and then u feel even even worse.
Hopefully you can get some drugs to help you get on top of it, before you need to go to hospital though (I failed cause i vomitted the tabets as i did everything else) but at least in hospital you get rest and IV drugs if necesary, and 24 hours of rehyadration later you will feel a lot better.

SoBroken Mon 08-Aug-11 11:48:50

I agree that you should go to the docs asap! I had HG and it sounds exactly like what you are describing, couldn't keep water down etc. I didn't think they'd take me seriously or just say that there was nothing they could do as it was just morning sickness, by the time I went I had 4 pluses of ketones and had to be admitted for three days. I got some anti emetics which helped, and in hospital they gave them intravenously so I didn't throw them back up again.

NoobyNoob Mon 08-Aug-11 12:04:27

I've managed to get an appointment for 4:30pm.

I've only been sick a few time today, so I'm managing to keep water down. I feel much better than I did, but I think I'll go to be on the safe side.

MoominsAreScary Mon 08-Aug-11 14:56:05

I was in the same position with ds3, dp is also a subby so couldn't take time off! I constantly carried around a bottle of cold water out the fridge around with me and although alot came back I was able to keep hydrated enough not to be hospitalised ( was admitted 3 times with ds1 and put on a drip. Started to ease up alittle from around 16 weeks but was still sick at least once a day up until he was born. I decided from the beginning of this pg that if it got that bad again I would ask for tablets as I wouldn't be able to cope with the baby ( now 22 weeks ) and all day sickness (12 weeks pg) luckily it isn't too bad this time,have you posted on hyperemisis support thread? They are realy helpful

Good luck and hope you feel better soon

NoobyNoob Mon 08-Aug-11 19:02:58

I went and the doctor was lovely. She's given me a course of promethazine to take, she checked my wee and she found no trace of things that weren't supposed to be there.

Thanks for your advice today. Does this mean I have hypermesis or just really bad morning sickness. I don't want to join the hypermesis thread if I'm a 'faker' !!

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 08-Aug-11 19:08:47

I think you can go and lurk on the hyperemesis thread at least wink.

Glad you've got some light at the end of the tunnel. Hope it works for you smile

MoominsAreScary Mon 08-Aug-11 19:52:33

You sound bad enough to join to me! I still lurk there occasional even though Im not as bad this time as the last pg! It's nice to talk to people who are experiencing the same as you, in rl a lot of people just think your exagerating, even though I'm always so sick I loose a couple of stone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now