Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very, very faint line

(22 Posts)
ImpyCelyn Sat 06-Aug-11 08:27:21

I wasn't expecting to get pregnant. We're TTC but I had my first period post DS on the 25th June, so I was assuming it would take a while longer. But I haven't had a second period and last night I had very slight nausea, slight evening nausea was what tipped me off last time. I thought I was imagining it, but I took a test this am so that I wouldn't get excited for nothing.

Anyway, I could see a very faint pink line. I showed it to DH who said it was negative. I asked if he couldn't see a 2nd line, and he said he could but he thought it was too faint to be positive. But it is there.

Eeek. I really thought we'd had sex too late in the month to stand a chance, we were both travelling last month and at different times, but could it actually be positive?

What do I do? Do I retest? I want to know NOW. How long do I have to leave it?

Also, we're staying with DH's family in France, so it's not like I can just nip to the GP to check.

Eeek!

grin

<mustn't get too excited>

ImpyCelyn Sat 06-Aug-11 08:36:17

Ok, I've calmed down enough to do a search, so I've worked it all out. Looking hopeful grin

zookeeper Sat 06-Aug-11 08:38:53

I had a very faint line once. a baby cam along about 8 months later. grin

SoupDragon Sat 06-Aug-11 08:42:04

I had a very faint line once and my period came 3 days later sad

I would leave it a few days and then test again. fingers crossed smile

differentnameforthis Sat 06-Aug-11 08:42:59

My very very (barely there, so much so dh couldn't see it) is 8 today! smile

differentnameforthis Sat 06-Aug-11 08:43:35

very very faint line

kat2504 Sat 06-Aug-11 08:44:04

I had a faint line on Monday. Yesterday I had a much darker line!
Leave it 2 or 3 days and then do a digital test. Good luck!

ImpyCelyn Sat 06-Aug-11 08:47:12

Thanks everyone smile Glad to hear all the positive stories.

SoupDragon - that's why I'm trying not to get too excited.

I had a little bit of cramping about a week ago, and I had a tiny amount of spotting two days during the week, but I can't decide if that makes it more or less likely, or is just a coincidence.

ImpyCelyn Sat 06-Aug-11 08:47:58

Congratulations kat2504! grin

SoupDragon Sat 06-Aug-11 08:50:50

TBH, I don't think you can put anything as being a good sign or a bad sign without the benefit of hindsight smile

I got pregnant with DS2 the very next month after my faint line so things usually work out.

nannyl Sat 06-Aug-11 09:04:30

my very very very feint, can only see at a certain angle, in a certain light under the window line, is due in 5 weeks time.

and spotting a few days ago = classic implantation smile

good luck

Boosaphena Sat 06-Aug-11 09:08:58

When's your period due? My first v faint line can only be seen in a certain light, is helping his daddy shave as I type, the other is kicking the wotsits out of me and will be joint us in about 8 weeks! The only non faint line I had was a cbd and she's off drawing in the lounge!

ImpyCelyn Sat 06-Aug-11 09:12:00

My period was due about 2 weeks ago. But I've only had the one since DS was born, so I don't know whether they're regular yet or not, it might just be that the second is spectacularly late coming.

I'm going to nip to the pharmacy for a digital/ultra test.

Thanks again smile

Boosaphena Sat 06-Aug-11 09:13:30

Good luck. How exciting!!! Let us know

ImpyCelyn Sat 06-Aug-11 13:23:00

French Clearblue digital says:

Enceinte 2-3

grin grin grin

I have no idea how we managed that, thanks goodness for (very) late ovulation grin

Thanks again everyone!

sevendwarves Sat 06-Aug-11 13:23:33

I'm now 20 weeks with my very faint line. If your digital test is negative don't rule it out completely. After my extremely faint line I bought a load of tests. I got positives on 2 first response, an asda and a tesco test, CB digital still said negative!

sevendwarves Sat 06-Aug-11 13:24:19

X-post, congratulations!!! grin

Mum2be79 Sat 06-Aug-11 14:33:49

On Good Friday I did a pregnancy test whilst docked in St. Lucia on a cruise ship!! Despite TTC, I was convinced it wouldn't happen (as we had only been trying for a month after spending four months taking precautions because we didn't want pregnancy to end our holiday to Madeira in August!) and I had been prescribed pills to stop my period for a couple of days but told to take a test before I began the pills just in case.

Anyways, the test, I think, showed an extremely faint line but as I was bleary eyed, I dismissed it - especially after the three minutes I was convinced it had gone! The test was negative.

I took the pills, came back from my cruise, taken to hospital with suspected DVT, no period had started even though it should have done 2 days after I finished the pills so as I had to get a sick note from my GP, I mentioned my absent period. He took another test (exactly two weeks after my first) and announced it was positive!!!

I think I'm trying to say, test again in a week. 'False negatives' are more common whereas 'False Positives' are almost impossible. Good Luck! x

Boosaphena Sat 06-Aug-11 15:16:35

Congratulations! Hurrah

ImpyCelyn Sat 06-Aug-11 15:49:56

Thank you smile smile

YouDoTheMath Sat 06-Aug-11 21:32:31

My line was so faint that I was about to bin the test. I sort of assumed that very, very faint lines were visible at all times, and once you wee'd on the test they got much darker.

So I cracked open the other, unused test to have a look at it in it's original form and there were no lines visible at all - in other words, my faint line was a baby!

Good luck!

lovemybabyboy Sun 07-Aug-11 22:16:44

I had an extremely faint line.....and I am now 29 weeks with DC2!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now