Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long after booking in is dating scan?

(7 Posts)
Jellyboobs Sat 06-Aug-11 00:56:08

I was late getting organised (Doc told me I needn't book to see midwife until I was 10 weeks) and have just been booked in at 14 + 4. Midwife said she would rush things through so I would get a scan asap....just wondering how long it usually takes, if there is such a thing as a usual time. Am aware that I have to have other tests between now (15 weeks) and 20 week anomoly scan... I s it bad form to ring the hospital and ask?

lolajane2009 Sat 06-Aug-11 01:05:47

no, i'd chase it up tbh.

madhattershouse Sat 06-Aug-11 01:08:00

First scan in my area is around 16 weeks, so almost now!

LeaveYourDignityAtTheDoor Sat 06-Aug-11 11:29:21

First scan in my area is a the same time as your booking in appointment

melliebobs Sat 06-Aug-11 13:47:11

In my area it's between 11-13 weeks. I had to book that appoinent myself. So ring up your ultrasound department and chase it up

Jellyboobs Sat 06-Aug-11 18:39:20

Panic over, i got my letter this morning and the appointment is for Monday...just a little bit of skiving at work to do then smile

Thanks for the advice!

hermionejgranger Sun 07-Aug-11 17:47:00

I might be preaching to the choir but you don't need to "skive" - your employer has to give you time off for antenatal appointments! Sorry if you already knew this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now