Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is everyone else swelling up in the hot weather?

(7 Posts)
bunnybunyip Fri 05-Aug-11 16:55:20

Hello all
Just wondered if those of you in your third trimester are getting a bit puffy in the heat. I have a history of pre-eclampsia so it is especially worrying me but my blood pressure and urine are fine. Can you keep your rings on and wear your usual shoes?

BackwardsInHighHeels Fri 05-Aug-11 17:27:36

Yup.

Haven't been able to wear my rings for about 4 weeks and two weekends ago had to go buy emergency shoes for a wedding party (two sizes bigger than my usual) because I couldn't fit into the bigger ones I'd already bought.

I feel like my hands have got mickey mouse style gloves on them.

I've been a bit worried about PE, but my bp and urine have been fine every time they've been tested.

Hot weather sucks.

Sunshinecurl Fri 05-Aug-11 17:31:01

I haven't been able to wear rings/usual shoes since around 17 weeks due to swelling/water retention and I am now 33 weeks...I kinda thought I was normal but I think I just have it bad!

icravecheese Fri 05-Aug-11 18:16:01

Yep, realised that my ankles felt all tight when I went to bed last night (am 30wks)....first time they've swollen this preg, although I remember them doing the same a little later on (34+wks) in my previous 2 pregs. Defo the hot weather, altho fortunately they've gone down abit now as its cooled off a little, and luckily not affecting my fingers yet (although now getting carpal tunnel at night - drives me mad!!)

PrincessJenga Fri 05-Aug-11 18:19:17

Yup. Engagement ring is back in its box in my sock drawer. None of my shoes fit. One hand is so swollen i can't even squeeze the toothpaste tube in the mornings! My midwife says it is normal (BP is still fine) but if you're worried you should obviously check with yours.

lolajane2009 Fri 05-Aug-11 18:23:02

yep, tried on my shoes and couldn't fit them and got stuck in some jeans when I tried them on. My BP was fine yesterday.

bunnybunyip Fri 05-Aug-11 18:32:30

Thanks all. I am constantly checking my BP both at the midwife and at home and so far so good. Sorry you are all suffering too but glad not to be alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now