Talk

Advanced search

Sharp pain when cough or sneeze?

(14 Posts)
LivinInTheMoment Fri 05-Aug-11 12:57:14

Last night i was drinkin hot milk in bed, and it went down the wrong way and i kind of choke coughed really hard. I got such a strong shoot of pain in my well my uterus area.

Could i have done any damage there? Sometimes i get a pain like that when i sneeze too.

PinkM0nkey Fri 05-Aug-11 13:28:57

I think its everything growing and stretching down there, I've been getting the same.

LivinInTheMoment Fri 05-Aug-11 13:31:19

It frightened me and i just froze. I was afraid it might have started another mc.

Mouseketool Fri 05-Aug-11 13:38:08

I get this. My midwife explained it's the ligaments... they are like the elastic ropes on those bungee trampolines holding your uterus in the middle and sometimes they 'twang'

LivinInTheMoment Fri 05-Aug-11 13:43:59

Wow mouseketool so thats what it is. Its ok though right? Nothing to worry about?
It was such a sharp pain and took my breath away i was so afraid.

Mouseketool Fri 05-Aug-11 15:04:46

It's fine. It goes away after a few seconds right?

BuffyFan Fri 05-Aug-11 15:46:05

Good to know what it is! I've got this too - hay fever has been really painful!!

Mouseketool Fri 05-Aug-11 18:07:29

I get it sometimes when I go from sitting to standing - I double up in pain for a few seconds and DH gets worried!

Mouseketool Fri 05-Aug-11 18:11:00

link with more info

ShowOfHands Fri 05-Aug-11 20:26:15

Oh gosh round ligament pain. Sneezing/coughing/turning over in bed were the main culprits for me.

LivinInTheMoment Thu 11-Aug-11 18:50:08

I got it again today after i sneezed, it really is such a strong jabbing pain.

Buffy aw thats a nightmare, i hope your hayfever clears up soon!

Thanks Mouse for that link, gonna go read it now

del1 Thu 11-Aug-11 20:02:45

I had it now and again with number DS1. I rember the first time I got it, and thinking 'oh my god, how will i cope with labour'.
With DD1, I got it a little more, when sneezing, coughing etc.
Im 37 with number 3, and get it every bloody day!!
Mainly when I turn over in bed. It takes me a few minutes sometimes, just to turn over.
Also if i've been sat at my desk in work for too long, its uncomfortable standing up.
I found gently rubbing the area eased it a bit quicker.

LivinInTheMoment Sun 14-Aug-11 21:07:58

Del1 Yes rubbin the area helps ease it for me too. Gosh every day, thats a lot! I'm thankful its just when i sneeze or cough so far!

Conchita Sun 14-Aug-11 21:36:34

Yes, it's a sharp, twangy feeling and I suffer from hay fever so it's all day long at the moment. I have learnt to kind of curl up and brace myself when I sneeze. Poor little thing must think there's an earthquake! However, it hurts less as the weeks pass

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now