Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

11 weeks - brown discharge

(6 Posts)
Imo1 Thu 04-Aug-11 18:12:46

Hi

I'm 11 weeks with #2 and have felt different down below today. No cramping or pain, just heavy in my tummy and backside if that makes sense. I have also had a small amount of dark brown discharge in my pants.

Just wanted some feedback from you ladies, am trying not to get worked up about what is hopefully nothing but can't help worrying it's going to turn into more.

Had a scan at 8 weeks which was totally fine. No bleeding or discharge before this.

Any thoughts welcome.
x

mummy22gorgeousboys Thu 04-Aug-11 20:15:21

I had brown discharge when my period was due when I was pregnant with my first son until I was over 12 weeks. I carried to full term with no problems whatsoever.

However, before I had my son I also had what started as brown discharge when I had my miscarriages - but don't panic - if you start to pass bright red, fresh blood, go straight to A and E or your local Early Pregnancy Unit. But a few of my friends passed brown discharge when their period was due and with your dates it may well be the case.

I know it is very hard not to worry, especially with your first, but as long as it stops within a day or two, doesn't change in colour , get heavier or you don't have cramps - try to stay calm.

Let us know how you get on and wishing you lots of luck

x

Littlepic Thu 04-Aug-11 21:05:03

Hi Imo,

I had light bleeding/spotting at 5 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks. I had early scans and all was well. I've just had my 20 week scan and baby is spot on. So basically I'm trying to say don't worry too much, you can have some bleeding and it can still be ok.

Do you have your 12 week scan soon? I think if you have more bleeding or cramping then I would talk to GP or midwife about getting an appointment at your local early scanning unit.

I hope things are settling down.

Keep us posted on how you are getting on. Sending you a big hug xxx

lolajane2009 Thu 04-Aug-11 21:22:03

I had three lots of spotting in early pregnancy and I am now almost 34 weeks pregnant with a very active little boy. I have to admit I thought I had mced and actually apologised at my scan for wasting her time. I would say to seek more help if it turns red or gets heavier though.

Imo1 Fri 05-Aug-11 20:16:56

Hi all

Thanks so much for your messages. No more discharge today and feeling more normal. Have been quite constipated today (sorry if tmi) so thinking that was why I was so uncomfortable yesterday... I really should know this all 2nd time round but it doesn't seem to get less scary!

Firstbabyjoy Sat 06-Aug-11 14:14:25

I really think, to be safe and for peace of mind and reassurance that you should go to the Dr about this on Monday, who will book you in for an early scan. I started bleeding at 8 weeks and everyone kept saying everything would be fine, and that blood was quite normal in a pregnancy (which I believe it is quite common) but I just had a feeling it wasn't right. Then my pregnancy symptons went away, no more morning sickness, no sick boobs. We went back for our second scan yesterday and unfortunately I have miscarried between last Wednesday and yesterday, I am devastated. I was 9 weeks +3.

( I probably haven't helped at all, I'm sorry)x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now