Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8 miscarriages and pregnancy worries!!

(7 Posts)
fay2011 Thu 04-Aug-11 15:09:46

Following 8 miscarriages since 2006, I finally gave birth to my beautiful girl in Jan 2010. Nothing made me happier. Now 18 months on I am pregnant again, 1st early scan they told me 5w6d, then when i should (according to them) have been 7 weeks, the baby is measuring smaller than it should (at around 6w2d) and large haematoma surrounding it!! Very scary stuff. That was last friday, and they told me appearances suggested a failing pregnancy, but apart from very mild cramps a couple of days and 2 episodes of very shorlived spotting, I don't think I have miscarried yet. Due for rescan tomorrow morning have been dreading/hoping all week. Fingers crossed it is good news. Anyone else had an experience with a haematoma in pregnancy?? Never knew of it before and don't know what to expect!!

IssyStark Thu 04-Aug-11 15:13:59

Afraid I can't help with the haematoma but I just wanted to say I completely understand your fear as I had two m/c before my son and another 6 losses after (currently 21w with no. 2). But my son measured a week behind where I thought he should be (he was 5w3d when I thought he should be 6w2d but I must have ovulated a week later than normal ashe turned out fine).

Crossing everything for you.

fay2011 Thu 04-Aug-11 15:17:01

thankyou.
Well the 5w6d was based on 1st day of last period so under the impression they could have been out as is too small to measure at that stage!

fay2011 Thu 04-Aug-11 15:18:24

and Issystark did they find a reason behind your m/c? And did you take anything to help with it?

freelancegirl Thu 04-Aug-11 17:18:43

Hi Fay, congratulations on the pregnancy! I am with you on the scan worrying - I had one that was an empty sac at what I thought was 6.0 and it measured 5.2 and then it was still empty a week later (scanned at a different place) so am really concerned. Being re-scanned on Weds. I have had three miscarriages all together, the most recent being March, and no children as yet.

Did they find out a reason for yours or did you just keep trying until you had your daughter?

Issy sorry to hear about your losses too but good news about the current pregnancy! Your scan with your DS also gives me a bit of hope. It's horrible this waiting stage.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that there are whole boards dedicated to people going through exactly what you are over in Conception - try the Freak Out room after miscarriage, where we are all pregnant again and help each other out with questions, answers and general support!

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1263289-Freak-Out-Room-For-Those-Newly-Updiffed-After-M-C-Part-VIII

fay2011 Sat 06-Aug-11 09:09:38

No freelance they never investigated the cause of mine. I hope you get a good result from your scan. I did yesterday smile haematoma has grown slightly but so has baby now measuring fine for it age smile

herecomesthsun Sat 06-Aug-11 09:22:40

very pleased that things have come so positive, fay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now