Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dragging, aching pains

(11 Posts)
Renaissance227 Thu 04-Aug-11 13:33:54

I'm 28+4 and for the last few days have been getting horrible dragging pains at the bottom of my bump and tummy ache. Has anyone else had this? Is it normal?
Please advice.

MrsCLH Thu 04-Aug-11 14:08:47

Sounds like it could be ligament pain. Sort of shooting pains on one side? Get checked out if you're worried though. xx

Renaissance227 Thu 04-Aug-11 14:14:26

I've had aching with shooting pains, which must be definite ligament pains, before but this it very different. More like a bad period pain that keeps coming and going during the last few days.
Thanks for your suggestion though MrsCLH smilexx

Renaissance227 Thu 04-Aug-11 14:34:35

Any other suggestions?
I'm starting to feel horrible. Could it just be the baby moving a lot?

dribbleface Thu 04-Aug-11 14:35:34

I had this and went in to get checked out. You should just to make sure its not prem labour (most likely not so do not panic!). Mine was put down to irritable uterus and i was told to rest. I get bad pains again if i overdo it.

Give your midwife or if she's not available maternity a call.

Renaissance227 Thu 04-Aug-11 14:40:33

I'm seeing the midwife next Tuesday so will ask her about it then. Thank you dribbleface smile

dribbleface Thu 04-Aug-11 14:44:37

If the pain continues to come and go throughout today and is like period pain you really should get checked over today rather than waiting. Like i said could be 100 different things but better to be safe. When i went in they checked for UTI and also checked my cervix to check nothing was happening.

Hope you feel better soon.

Renaissance227 Thu 04-Aug-11 14:46:13

Ok. I'll get it checked out today. Thank you dribbleface

dribbleface Fri 05-Aug-11 14:13:40

How did you get on? Hope all is more settled for you now?

Renaissance227 Fri 05-Aug-11 14:54:11

The pains stopped and I was told that my midwife is on holiday for a week, so I should call triage if it's an emergency, which I didn't do.
Will definitely mention it to my mw on Tuesday when I see her.
Thanks for asking dribbleface smile

muzzy2011 Fri 05-Aug-11 19:35:18

I'm 25 weeks and have been having this....I happened to have a Dr appointment at the time and she wasnt worried....said it's likely to be just stretching pains. I think baby had a growth spurt around the time as the kicks are defiantly more forceful now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now