Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Periods while pregnant?

(3 Posts)
RalphGnu Thu 04-Aug-11 11:07:03

Is it common to still have periods while pregnant? My friend is 6 months pregnant and still having a period every month. And now I'm wondering because my period is 8 days late, although there has been no baby making since my last period. The signs are all there- sore boobs, extreme tiredness, needing to pee a lot. What do you reckon?

Cattleprod Thu 04-Aug-11 11:10:50

I've heard about people having periods throughout pregnancy before, although I don't know how it works with there being a mucus plug in the way.

You need to get yourself a preg test asap - it's the only way you'll know for sure!

Catsycat Thu 04-Aug-11 11:14:29

Hi Ralph. Why not try POAS? I have no experience of periods while pg.

However, I did get pg with DD1 after a month when I had no memory at all of having DTD. And I don't drink or anything, so couldn't even have passed me by in a drunken blur! We were just about to move house, so I guess I was so busy we must have DTD one evening and then I just forgot! My period got to about a week late, and I remember laughing with my friend that there could be no chance AT ALL that I was pg. I POAS in the end and was very surprised to see a BFP! Not a romantic story at all, but there you go grin.

Good luck...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now