Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby kicking furiously ?

(11 Posts)
Sumi76 Wed 03-Aug-11 19:49:03

Im 33w pg with my first and last night was woken up by FIERCE kicks from the baby - was actually a little bruised. Got a little worried - is the baby trying to tell me he/she is in distress ? Googled about it last night and came up that I neednt worry, its normal. Anyone have this ?

lolajane2009 Wed 03-Aug-11 19:57:11

My baby does that a lot and I am constantly bruised at 33 + 5. My baby was fine at his trace yesterday and all he scans are showing him as normal, although small like mommy.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 03-Aug-11 19:59:07

If there are any changes in baby's movements - to less or more - it needs checking out.

redexpat Wed 03-Aug-11 20:38:08

I thought it was just me!

PrincessScrumpy Wed 03-Aug-11 21:08:03

I think my twins are trying to find an escape route by burrowing and kicking. I'm 33w. If babies are distressed the movements reduce - you should be getting 10 kicks a day at least.

EightiesChick Wed 03-Aug-11 21:14:36

My DS was like this - very vigorous kicking - and was fine. Always get checked out if you are worried but if you were seen yesterday and all seems OK I would try to relax a bit. Did you mention it at yesterday's appointment?

ShowOfHands Wed 03-Aug-11 21:23:00

As they get bigger they can kick with real gusto and it's likely that.

But a distressed baby doesn't just reduce movements. Any change in pattern/behaviour is notable. Notably increased movement needs checking as much as reduced movement.

Valiant1 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:50:39

i was just sat with my ds2 and he was like what is that lol she was really going for it lol xx sorry 32 weeks

ciwi Wed 03-Aug-11 22:28:56

agree with showofhands a distressed baby can move vigorously, its probably nothing but you should get checked out x

CBear6 Wed 03-Aug-11 22:34:04

Yup, it's a myth that you only need to be worried about reduced movements - frantic movements/sudden increase in movements is a sign of things like cord compression.

It's likely nothing and kicks do get harder/stronger as they get bigger but it's always best to seek advice if in any doubt, just give MAU a ring - it's part of what they're there for.

Honeymoonmummy Wed 03-Aug-11 22:34:19

I had this when I'd had a couple of drinks of caffeinated tea after being caffeine free throughout the PG?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now