Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36 weeks - baby growth spurt

(3 Posts)
LittleOne76 Wed 03-Aug-11 16:21:58

Hi - I had a scan today at 36 weeks and it looks like the baby's had a massive growth spurt since the last scan and is predicted to be a big one (9ish + pounds) if she continues to grow at the same rate.

Has anyone else experienced a big growth spurt around the 30-35 week mark but found growth tapered off for the last month or so?

Thank you - just very curious. She's looking nice and healthy though so that's the main thing!

RockChick1984 Thu 04-Aug-11 16:46:14

Hiya, not had this myself but bumping for you in case anyone else has!

rooks14 Thu 04-Aug-11 17:09:27

heya,
I haven't had a scan since my 20th week, but around 36 or 37 weeks my bump suddenly got massive! midwife said up until then the baby had been back to back and was resting in my spine and when he turned the right way he wasn't in the cove of my back anymore so seemed like he'd suddenly got huge but it was just his position!
Why did you have the scan? Maybe it was something like mine, if not hopefully someone else can give you some stories of experience....? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now