Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone been to a Lazy Daisy birthing class?

(9 Posts)
moominliz Wed 03-Aug-11 15:19:08

I've just signed up for a set of 6 birthing classes with them and wondered if anyone else had been to these classes or heard about them and wondered what you opinion is?
I'm honestly not promoting them (as I've not been to any yet!) but would love to hear from anyone who has attended or heard about them as if they're no good I won't bother wasting my money!

megansmummy1 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:26:43

I have just finished my first 6 week course and really enjoyed it, i found it really relaxing and full of useful advice as well as being a great way to meet other mums in the area. I am actually doing another 6 weeks as i have had such a good time. Personally think they are good value compared to other birth preperation classes too. Not sure if the price varies by area/ teacher but it was only £56 for the 6 classes where i am (Durham). Hope that helps and that you find the classes useful.

AllyB2 Wed 03-Aug-11 22:37:46

I have done two terms of classes - I found them really helpful, especially for meeting other people and sharing experiences. It was nice to have a couple of hours of 'quiet time' in the week just to focus on myself and baby. Learned loads about the process of labour, breathing, positions, relaxation ... - I am really hoping that I will be able to put it all into practice when the big day comes!

JenniL1977 Wed 03-Aug-11 22:44:40

I've just finished my 6 weeks tonight and loved it. £54 for the six in Harrogate.
Really relaxing, really affirming without being all weaving lentils, lots of yoga type stuff, met 6 lovely people, breathing exercises are great. Can't recommend highly enough.
The partnership classes where you go with your DP are supposed to be really good too.
Hope you enjoy them smile

eleanorwish Wed 03-Aug-11 22:50:20

I did the pregnancy yoga classes about 4 years ago for my 2nd pregnancy. I found them really useful. .
I did feel a bit of an imposter as I was going to have an elective CS, but it was worth it for the exercises - they really helped with the aches and pains of pregnancy.

moominliz Thu 04-Aug-11 16:59:26

Thanks, thats great to know!
I thought the price sounded really reasonable too and I quite liked, that as Jenni put it, it wasn't all weaving lentils, lol!
Im really looking forward to it now!

Pastabee Thu 04-Aug-11 19:06:41

Love them! Just finished course and have enough time to fit in another course of 6 so have signed up again.

You'll feel so confident about giving birth after these classes and you'll love the relaxation bit!

RissaC2011 Mon 15-Apr-13 16:09:35

Yes, we attended the Antenatal classes in Reigate, Surrey. We wrote a review of our experience at the classes which you can read here if you like (not enough space to retype here)
wp.me/p37cd9-jv

AnnaDL Tue 16-Apr-13 21:01:59

Just went to my first one last week and loved it. Really looking forward to going again this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now