Talk

Advanced search

can your waters leak a little then stop?

(5 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Wed 03-Aug-11 10:21:23

Last night I was suddenly aware of a trickle while lying in bed. I jumped up (as fast as you can at 32 +6w pg with twins) and rushed to the loo. But standing up always make me need to wee so once there I did a big wee and it was hard to be clear if I was leaking. I put a pad in which is very slightly damp and did have back pains but that's all stopped now and a dry pad has stayed dry.

If it did leak, we are talking about a teaspoon full at most but it's now stopped. Is this possible? It really didn't feel like wee. I have a scan tomorrow at 9.30am followed by consultant appointment - can I wait until then? Was it more likely to have been a bit of wee?

This is what happened with dd1 but the trickle just kept going and she was born in 2 hours 5 mins so that hasn't happened this time.

wwyd?

AKMD Wed 03-Aug-11 10:33:03

It is possible that it was a leak but I would say it's more likely to be a bit of wee. As long as everything else is ok, I'd mention it at the consultant appointment and at the scan tomorrow. The sonographer can check your fluid levels and the consultant can make sure that all is as it should be.

Purplebuns Wed 03-Aug-11 10:53:21

Technically your hindwaters can leak a bit, if your pad is dry though I would say it was a bit of wee/discharge, And waiting will be fine as it is only a day. If you are worried though ring your midwife.

MrsBakerNeeld Wed 03-Aug-11 16:04:56

It is possible for the waters to leak and then stop. If possibe, pop on a pad and see if anything else happens. Urine will smell, your waters won't. It's more than worth checking with Mdau or the midwife tho.

I panicked about a similar thing but mine was just wee blush

GetDownYouWillFall Wed 03-Aug-11 16:21:14

This happened to me - I had a little leak, and I knew it wasn't wee as it smelt completely different, and I hadn't been coughing / laughing etc.

I was told that the hindwaters (the part of the amniotic sac behind the baby) can sometimes break but because the baby is blocking the exit, the fluid can't gush out so just a trickle comes out. Sometimes if it is just a tiny break the membrane can seal over again. My DD did arrive within 2 days though. You should definitely get it checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now