Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hot,sweaty,feeling huge - I want the winter to be here!

(15 Posts)
Ivortheengine8 Tue 02-Aug-11 20:57:37

Ok I wanted a nice summer, I moaned when it rained everyday and was happy when the sun started to shine again.
.....But this is terrible. Stuck in London, no air, boiling hot weather (well not exactly but it seems like that when you are 30 weeks gone)
Can't sleep as its too hot and can't open the window as it's too noisy if I do.

I am dipping buckets, slouched on the sofa feeling sorry for myself.

......and in the UK we don't have air con like they do in other countries, we have carpets and nothing to cool the place down. My table fan has been going strong but it's just not enough. sad

I vow to never be pregnant in the summer time again.

rooks14 Tue 02-Aug-11 21:00:36

I'm due tomorrow and have been planning a water birth. I'm worried that there is going to be a sudden surge because of said amount of sweat caused by pregnancy! I don't want loads of women stealing all the pools just because it's hot when i've been planning it since october! sad

So yes, lots of cold wet weather please :D

crazynanna Tue 02-Aug-11 21:07:05

My sympathies Ivortheengine8.
Heat and pregnancy are not good mates.

I remember being heavily pregnant in the really hot summer of 1983,and was living in Notting Hill at the time (pre desired area times).
No washing machine,so walking to launderette with 2 bags,blazing sunshine,no control,threw up there in the middle of Notting Hill on the pavement...including the peach I had not long just wolfed doen blush,still holding the 2 bags!

Mortification finally hit home when I looked over the road,and two Japenese tourists were snapping away shock

Wonder if they got the side profile or full front view of the v sign snap wink

MrsZB Tue 02-Aug-11 21:13:13

Sending sympathy!I find myself obsessively checking the weather forecast hoping that it won't stay this hot for very long!

There was a thread the other day on ways to keep cool which was helpful.

I have ust had my feet soaking in a bucket of cold water with peppermint and lemon foot soak in which was lovely and then a foot rub with Burt's Bees peppermint foot cream!

I think that tomorrow is going to be another hot one and then hopefully it will cool down a bit after that ...

Ivortheengine8 Tue 02-Aug-11 21:15:52

Oh Rooks, you poor thing, Good luck. Any signs yet? smile

Crazy, I was only 3 in 1983! I think summers were generally a bit hotter back then though?
Well I hope those Japanese tourists look fondly back on their holiday snaps in the UK! - They do snap absolutley everything though don't they?!! Thats a bit OTT though grin
I wonder if one of them had been pregnant before in summer! People are bizarre¬!

dribbleface Tue 02-Aug-11 21:32:31

Feeling your pain ladies. dreading work tomorrow, my office is in converted loft space and is so hot! think i have eaten at least 4 trays of ice cubes today!

CBear6 Tue 02-Aug-11 21:37:21

DS was born in August 2009. The last few weeks were so hot that on most days I just sat on the sofa in my underwear with the blinds closed and a fan running. Post-delivery I told DH "no more summer babies!"

August 2011 and I'm 34+3 ....

yummymango Tue 02-Aug-11 21:41:45

Just to say I feel the same. 32 weeks, live in London, in an attic flat, all the windows open, still boiling! I don't know what to do with myself and am not enjoying it all sad
Lets hope this heatwave doesn't last more than a few days!

BackwardsInHighHeels Tue 02-Aug-11 21:53:03

Me three.

32 weeks. Live in South London. Scottish (not built for heat). Went out for an hour today. Forgot about sun cream. Got sunburned.

Husband bought me an aircon unit for the bedroom, which is wonderful, but sounds like a 747 taking off inside a tumble drier which means I don't get to deep sleep…

So I sit, the size of a sofa, on my bed, in the bedroom with the door closed, watching telly and knitting, because at least that way I'm reasonably cool.

Roll on October…

crazynanna Tue 02-Aug-11 21:58:33

BackwardsInHighHeels grin at 'not built for heat'

PrincessScrumpy Tue 02-Aug-11 22:05:08

MrsZB careful with peppermint - I was told you shouldn't use in early pg.

I went to the supermarket today to buy ice lollies to help cool me down - 32 +6w pg with twins. The heat is okay, it's the humidity at night I'm struggling with. I had a shower last night at 3am as I was so hot :-(

MrsZB Wed 03-Aug-11 11:55:21

Princessscrumpy Oh really? I am not early though, am 34 weeks today. The foot cream is the Burt's Bees Mama range but I will check re the foot soak! It is lovely though so hoping it will be ok!!

We have been to the park this morning at 9am and it was quite cool so DS had a good run around.

Ivortheengine8 Wed 03-Aug-11 14:37:44

Its supposed to rain tomorrow - Yipeeeee! grin

Think I will put my swimsuit on and go dancing in the rain in the morning.

LivinInTheMoment Wed 03-Aug-11 16:48:18

I hope you get some cool rain tomorrow Ivor!!

CrazyAlien06 Wed 03-Aug-11 22:06:30

I feel the same sad 31+ 3w and Suffering badly! I usually love this heat and would have just returned from Dubai holiday in 42+ degree heat!
It's crazy how pregnancy changes your body's coping mechanisms . I am sat most of the day on my sofa with blinds shut and fan on full. At night lay on top of any covers again with the fan on full (poor DH dragging fan-up and down the stairs !)

Worse thing today was it was my first antenatal class ! It was sweltering in the room! Two hours of sitting trying not to collapse with heat exhaustion! Not fun at all. Roll on the rain :0)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now