Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby movements

(3 Posts)
FRowlands Tue 02-Aug-11 20:45:01

From when ru supposed to monitor baby's movements? Early on I'd have some days I'd feel nothing, others I'd feel lots. Now, at 25 weeks I'm not sure whether I should be monitoring movement properly or if it's still to early

Ivortheengine8 Tue 02-Aug-11 20:50:06

I started feeling proper movements with dc1 at about 18 weeks but this time with dc2 not until about 20 weeks. Then I ha periods where baby has been very quiet for a few days. Now at 29 weeks baby is very active again.
Pretty much every time I have monitored it though when I have been worried I have been able to feel something. It's especially hard if you are busy or don't have much time to relax as it just skips your mind.
I would however, start monitoring now just to check you are getting them everyday.

I only really felt mine in the evening up until about 27/28 weeks though!

PrincessScrumpy Tue 02-Aug-11 22:09:55

Monitoring starts at 28w according to the kick chart the mw gave me. I bought a "count the kicks" braclet for about £4 after my twins had a quiet day and I really didn't see how I could work, look after a 3yo and remember to fill in a chart. It was great but I'm having twins and am now 32w+5 so I tend to get 10 kicks by 9am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now