Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

methotrexate and surgery

(2 Posts)
Alleycat13 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:42:16

hi, I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy at 8 weeks, docs were worried my right tube would rupture so they operated yesterday. in the end they didn't remove my tube cause they weren't 100% sure it was there. today they gave me an injection of methotrexate. feeling so low now - it shouldn't be so hard to have a baby. has anyone had methotrexate? i'm worried about the side effects when i'm already feeling physically and emotionally rubbish :-(

Marrow Tue 02-Aug-11 21:06:26

So sorry to hear what you are going through. I was treated with methotrexate for my first ectopic pregnancy. I don't remember many side effects other than feeling very,very tired for a couple of weeks. I think I started bleeding 3 or 4 days after I had the injection. I had quite a bit of pain in the side where the pregnancy was and also pain running down the top of my thighs. I think this only lasted a day though and wasn't anything I couldn't cope with though.

Have you looked at the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust website? There is loads of information on there and the forums are great. You will get a lot of support there. You may also get more responses to this if you post on the pregnancy loss board. Take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now