Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tears and steak pies!!!

(13 Posts)
Changing2011 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:09:16

Hi all, I am 12 weeks with 2nd child, and the latest strange occurrence other than my obsession with steak pie and peas is that I am constantly on the verge of tears.

Anything can set me off, particularly my DD whom I am very protective over at the moment, she is 6 and I am paranoid I can feel her "growing away" from me. Se is such a big girl, making helpful suggestions about the baby and really looking forward to being a big sister. She makes my heart overflow. I'm even a bit partial to my DP grin

Other things like the news, songs or poems are making me so weepy as well. Anyone else? This feels like when I had a newborn baby, not the early stages of pregnancy!

Crosshair Tue 02-Aug-11 20:20:28

I've been crying at the news for weeks. blush Normally I dont cry at anything because Im hard like that.wink

PinkFondantFancy Wed 03-Aug-11 11:18:09

Yep I had this, to such an extent that my boss told me to take a couple of weeks off because I was so emotional.... blush

Do you crave pork pies too???? Mmmmmmm might have to nip over to the shop and get one now actually....

Daisybell1 Wed 03-Aug-11 12:44:48

I cried at One man and his dog, BEFORE I knew I was pregnant. It was the young kids with their dogs that set me off. Then made the mistake of watching Toy Story 3 and Juno in the early days - cue complete meltdown.

Pink step away from the pork pies, the country's only just recovering its stocks after your last trip to the supermarket grin

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 03-Aug-11 12:46:50

Steak pie...mmmmm..might have to go out at lunchtime now. My cheese and marmite roll just isn't cutting it sad

I cry at everything. I can't even look at dd without feeling sad for her, even though I know that, in the long run she'll probably (hopefully!) be glad of a sibling, Her bottom made me cry this morning. It's just so big and yet so little and neat and perfect <sob>

Crosshair Wed 03-Aug-11 13:33:57

Sausage roll is where it's at!

One week I made the mistake of watching 'PS. I love you', I thought I was having some sort of breakdown. smile

MrsBakerNeeld Wed 03-Aug-11 15:58:48

Crosshair, OMG my first and 3rd trimesters I have been obsessed by sausage rolls!

I kept crying at the adverts on telly for animal charities. confused

Changing2011 Sat 06-Aug-11 08:36:46

Well I'm just not feeling "right" at all today. It started yesterday with a tummy ache. Then a friend popped round and told me I look really Ill and much thinner than last time I saw her (last week). She also helpfully told me about when she had a miscarriage there was no pain or bleeding, so not to rule anything out hmm

I still felt sick this morning but I do feel strange and as if something is amiss. No tummy ache today. I might call the midwife in a bit and ask if there is anything I should be doing.

tassisssss Sat 06-Aug-11 08:50:03

Oh man i'm like this in pregnancy too but i'm WAY WORSE in the first couple of weeks after having a baby when if anyone smiles at me, let alone says anything remotely nice or kind and I'm a noisy blubbering wreck!

Conchita Sat 06-Aug-11 17:28:00

I've been crying all day, on and off. Feels very similar to PMT. Think being at home makes it worse as when I'm at work it takes my mind off wallowing. DH is a nightmare as if he sees me looking tearful he huffs and shouts 'what's wrong?' then tries to solve it, even though he knows it's hormones. Does anyone know how to make men understand hormone-induced sadness and tears?

Crosshair Sat 06-Aug-11 17:38:39

dp just seems to get that I've gone abit mental. smile

Kope youre feeling better Changing.

janey223 Sun 07-Aug-11 00:24:22

Mmmmm steak pie!

I was holding them back standing in the bank the other day, a few broke through... In all bouncy happy today. They must think (know) I'm a crazy blush

Changing2011 Sun 07-Aug-11 20:19:14

Now I'm off steak pie and onto rice crispies. seriously, I think about them all day. This morning after a lovely doorstop bacon sandwich courtesy of DP I still had to have a massive bowl before we set off on our day out. Then another when we got back. Will be having another in a minute. Very strange.

I am feeling ok now, but still paranoid about baby not growing, I just look so thin, despite feeling sick morning noon and night, can't wait for scan on Friday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now