Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm going to get a t-shirt printed

(85 Posts)
OptomisticBiscuit Tue 02-Aug-11 17:15:32

My new t-shirt will read:

---

Yes I am sure it is not twins
No I have not got my dates wrong
I hope I do make it to October, thank you very much, I am not wishing for a premature baby no matter how enourmous you think I may be.

---

I think the heat is making me cranky smile

BuckminsterFullerene Tue 02-Aug-11 17:29:25

I am sure you look beautiful and well proportioned!

My friend is having a similar problem -maybe it's because it's summer and bumps aren't being hidden under jumpers so much.

manamana Tue 02-Aug-11 17:30:52

Can you get me one too please, September for me.... Had a woman at the petrol check out tell me I definitely wouldn't make it to due date... Aaaaarrrrrggghhh

sancerrre Tue 02-Aug-11 17:42:43

At the same time you might as well get one for the baby that says:

"No, I'm not hungry, I've just eaten."

NatashaBee Tue 02-Aug-11 17:50:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DrSeuss Tue 02-Aug-11 18:01:14

Next time, look them straight in the eye and say in a quiet, measured voice, "Can you please tell me why you think it's appropriate to say that to a complete stranger?" If you're feeling like it or if they have been especially insensitive, ask them how they know for sure that you have not previously had complications/lost a premature baby. My DD is 3 months and I still shake my head in disbelief at some of the things said to me and other pregnant women. Do they go up to people in wheel chairs and say, "Oh, so your legs aren't working then?" or find someone with a guide dog and go, "Blind as a bat, then?"

allthefires Tue 02-Aug-11 18:04:01

I may get one printed if I go overdue saying

Yes we have tried sex

DrSeuss Tue 02-Aug-11 18:05:06

Or get one of these!
www.cafepress.co.uk/+pregnant_w_boy_due_september_maternity_dark_tshi,131959935

PinkFondantFancy Tue 02-Aug-11 18:40:16

DrSeuss that link doesn't work! Would you be able to repost?

I asked "are you sure it's not quins" yesterday! grin I was secretly quite pleased though as I was previously paranoid that my bump was a bit small smile

PinkFondantFancy Tue 02-Aug-11 18:40:33

Sorry, I was asked....

rooks14 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:29:49

allthefires make me one of those too grin

I'd also like 'And curry' on the back.

CBear6 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:35:05

I keep getting told that I'm going to have this baby early because of the way DS (2yo this month) has me running around so that I never get to sit down. As we all know "sitting down too much" is the major cause of going over your due date whilst chasing a toddler is the best way to induce labour - that's why if you go overdue the hospital just pop you in a room with a 3yo and get you to chase it for half an hour, bam! instant labour.

I would like that on my t-shirt, along with:

- Yes, I'm sure I should be picking DS up. It's that or leave him in the trolley and Asda got really annoyed last time I left him here.

- I know that eating for two is a myth but if you try and take this sandwich from me I will kill you stone dead with the power of my mind, such will be my rage.

- I am 8m pregnant, pushing a buggy containing a cranky toddler, have umpteen shopping bags, and it's a billion degrees outside without even factoring in the humidity. You did not just sit in the Buggy Bay of the bus and then give me the raised eyebrow.

It could probably just be summed up with one phrase:

Caution: do not anger the rotund as wrath may offend

allthefires Tue 02-Aug-11 20:08:05

Rooks maybe it should be

And nipple simulation

On the back!

suntansue Tue 02-Aug-11 20:50:55

I was in morrisons last week with my 2 sons and I'm 9 months pregnant, the older lady behind the till was chatting to me abot when i was due because I had a pinapple in my shopping and asked if I knew what I was having, when I said to her yes it's a girl she looked at my 2 boys then back to me and said
" oh I bet your glad you've got it right at last"
I was gobsmacked at how rude she was to a complete stranger.
The coments people make are unbelievable :/

CBear6 Tue 02-Aug-11 21:05:58

Suntansue, I only have DS and I'm having a DD and I get the same thing. "Oooh, that'll be better for you - boys are such a handful" and "you'll be able to stop after this one then!" and "you can buy much nicer things for girls/boys just destroy nice things".

Can I use the c-word? Because those people are a bunch of c's.

I bet your boys are lovely, I know mine is.

PrincessScrumpy Tue 02-Aug-11 21:11:40

I need one that reads:

Yes it is twins
Yes we were surprised
Yes I am huge
They're ID girls
Actually we are very happy that we'll have 3 girls
No I'm not due until September
No it wasn't IVF - that makes no sense in that they're ID!
Yes, I do look well despite twins, but I still could do with help carrying shopping, skipping public toilet queues etc because I'm actually bloody shattered

Oh, I could go on and on but too tired.... grin

DrSeuss Tue 02-Aug-11 21:55:37

The suggested shirt is made to order and says something like, "Yes I'm pregnant, due in september, a girl." Should probably also say "NOW F**K OFF AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

fedupanduptheduff Tue 02-Aug-11 22:07:04

Ha haaa - I love this thread. I'd like a t-shirt too please.
Due with DC2 in September and some checkout girl told me I was 'massive' the day. Yes love, it's called being up the duff.

OptomisticBiscuit Wed 03-Aug-11 10:49:15

Hehe, yes what is it with ladies at the checkout - I have had more comments from them than anyone else! They are usually older ladies too, so I'm assuming they have been through it themselves at least once and should have a bit more empathy... I think sometimes worse than the comments is the 'look' they give me when I tell them my due date. I found myself a few times now saying 'the midwife measured my bump and it's exactly the right size!'

I'm also getting tired of people pronouncing the sex of my baby by looking at my shape. If I wanted to know I would have asked at the scans, so I'm not interested in waving a ring or a crystal over my bump to see what happens, or have anyone prod my bump to make a forecast. Had someone bend down and listen to my stomach (literally - right where my stomach bag was busily digesting my dinner) to pronunce Girl!

100years Wed 03-Aug-11 11:31:24

I've had comments ranging from Wow you are massive, to oh you are really small for how far you are! WTF, I'm either really big or really small, not both surely.

Last week checkout girl and it was a girl said oh wow you have another 5 weeks to go, as if I wasn't going to make it.

Considering I was over weight to start with, my bump is actually measuring exactly as it should be for my gestation, so :P to those who say I'm massive.

100years Wed 03-Aug-11 11:31:59

Oh and I'm at a wedding this weekend! That should bring on a few comments! grin

CBear6 Wed 03-Aug-11 13:02:01

I would also like to add on:

- we're not telling anyone what we're calling the baby, we learnt our lesson after all the comments about DS's name

- if we have told you the name then please stop suggesting silly alternatives (yes FIL, you). The joke wore thin two years ago and I actually find it insulting that you referred to our chosen middle name as "crap", my nana would be thrilled seeing as it was her name

- I don't want an alcoholic drink, it probably doesn't make a difference at this late stage but I'd still rather not. FYI, adding soda water to the wine doesn't make it low alcohol. Ditto adding tonic to vodka

- I'm not prepared to discuss the intricacies of labour with you, you're ten years old and a boy

I'm going to need a bigger shirt!

Mermaidspam Wed 03-Aug-11 15:21:49

When I was 8 months pregnant, my grandparents had their Golden Anniversary party. Yes, I was maybe a little cranky to stick post it notes all over me saying most of the above comments, but it worked! grin

Cattleprod Wed 03-Aug-11 15:39:26

No we didn't find out the sex. No I don't mind which we get, you don't really get a choice anyway. I would prefer it to be one of the two sexes, not that there's anything wrong with having a hermaphrodite baby but I imagine that would involve painful surgery at some stage of their life and I'd rather not subject my child to that.

MrsBakerNeeld Wed 03-Aug-11 16:09:32

I'll go in for a t-shirt:

No, I'm sure I'm only having one baby.
She's a little girl.
Yes, I am absolutely boiling.
Yes, I'm definately NOT due until September...
and 'HAHA', yes. You can guess what I was doing at xmas and new year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now