Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What do you think my chances are of getting pregnant 9wks post vasectomy?

(7 Posts)
shortandsweet2 Tue 02-Aug-11 17:09:46

My DH had a vas 9wks ago. We have always said we would stick with one but in the last few months I chnaged my mind.

I told him it a mistake from the moment he had it done and he now realises that I really do want another baby so we are going to try this month but with 9wks passed I don't think I am going to get so lucky.

Anyone had any success storys smile

DooinMeCleanin Tue 02-Aug-11 17:11:40

Has he had his check up thing yet? My BIL went for his not long ago and there were still some live sperm present, well after 9 weeks, so you never know.

shortandsweet2 Tue 02-Aug-11 17:13:05

No check yet, the 1st will be at 12wks and then 16wks so I have everything crossed there is some chance for me :D

Marne Tue 02-Aug-11 17:15:09

Good luck, if it doesn't work then he can get it reversed, fingers crossed for you.

ilovemydogandMrObama Tue 02-Aug-11 17:26:35

A friend got pregnant before the 12 week check. Heard that men can go through a hyper fertile episode post vasectomy.

mnistooaddictive Tue 02-Aug-11 17:41:18

It took dh almost 2 years to be sperm free post vasectomy

shortandsweet2 Tue 02-Aug-11 17:43:36

Thanks for the positive stories. I am due to ovulate in the next few days so will keep you posted on whether I get really lucky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now