Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sleeping options.

(9 Posts)
nunnie Tue 02-Aug-11 16:22:19

Sold my moses basket when DS was about 6 weeks old he is now 10 months and I am due number 3 in 8 weeks.

Really don't want to buy another moses basket as I am not overally keen on the if I am honest.

Cribs seem expensive (well ones I have seen).
What are the options?

nannyl Tue 02-Aug-11 16:38:54

well if you dont want a crib or moses basket, and dont have a friend etc who you can borrow one from, then you can get a cot/ cot bed, and use from birth

or think about if co sleeping suits you?

Ellypoo Tue 02-Aug-11 16:50:31

What about a carrycot, that will come with a travel system (if you have one/will get one), because most of those are suitable for sleeping through the night, and are likely to be cheaper than a crib even if you aren't getting the travel system. There are a few on eBay and you can buy new mattresses for them.

MrsBloomingTroll Tue 02-Aug-11 18:19:07

A bedside cot?

nunnie Tue 02-Aug-11 18:31:25

I have a double due to my littlest only being 10 months and the double I have selected doesn't have a carrycot option sadly.

I have a friend who is looking to see if she still has her moses basket for me.

Will have to google bedside cot (not something I have heard of blush )

Will be making a trip to IKEA in the next few weeks for a couple of other essentials do they have a crib option or do they only have cots? Could google sorry I am being lazy.

CollieandPup Tue 02-Aug-11 19:23:34

If you fancy a crib have a look on eBay. There are loads on there so there'll probably be one near you and you can pick them up for under £25 if you look for a good deal.

RobintheRobin Tue 02-Aug-11 20:06:06

Ebay; I got a really nice crib for £30, and try your local Freecycle group, I got a Moses Basket (plus loads of other stuff) free from there.

nunnie Tue 02-Aug-11 20:57:20

Thank you, will have a look on ebay and freecycle, wish I had guessed I was going to fall pregnant again I wouldn't have sold the moses basket.

PrincessJenga Tue 02-Aug-11 21:49:47

I haven't used it yet so can't 100% recommend it because silly baby is overdue and showing no signs of emerging but I got what looks like a normal cot, but one side drops down completely so that we can push it against our bed. This means we can use it as a bedside cot for the first few months but not have to buy anything new when baby moves into his own room. Seemed the perfect compromise to us. It would have been £200 new, but we got it for £60 off ebay. You can pick moses baskets up on ebay for less than £15.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now